‘Kidnapped’ SA man actually arrested for ‘terrorism links’ in Mozambique

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Oh.. So a whole lot of claims but don't ask for proof or details cos I won't give them... Yeah OK dude.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I know pretty well what are the issues in Pemba and surroundings. I knew Andre. He was not a friend though. Francis should have come out with the entire truth, from day one. Was he working with Al-Shabab as the Mozambican government says? Definitely not. Did he pay money to Al-Shabab. Yes he did. But not because was supporting them in any way. He paid bacause the useless Moz Police could not protect his business. Where there other government linked businesses after his property. Yes. Why did his wife not explain this from the beginning? I don't know for sure. I presume she did not want to link her husband in any way to the Al-Shabab organisation. In doing so she would have given a reason to the Moz government to lock him up for good.
IMHO this entire thing happened because he choose to reside in a lawless but very beautifully country, ruled by low intelligence people.
South Africa: Look and learn because you are heading that way - fast.
P. S. Please don't ask me for any more info or explanations regarding this issue. And PM won't help you either.
Ammo for government of Moz. Politicians are a dirty bunch...the world over. Many started their careers in law practice. Explains a lot.

C4Cat

Executive Member
Wow.....they murdered him just like he said they would.
And the pathetic SA Govt will do nothing about this. Dirty SA diplomats covering for dirty Mozambican diplomats paid by dirty private developers.
What did you expect the SA government to do?

Glock26

Expert Member
More than the nothing that they did do. DIRCO are a bunch of useless, terrorist loving, good for nothing, amateur clowns who support anyone the rest of the world considers a rogue, dictator or terrorist, and who do nothing that is actually their mandate.
My buddy Will Endley is luckly to be alive in spite of their pathetic inaction, and unfortunately Andre fell victim to their usual inability to mediate.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
More than the nothing that they did do. DIRCO are a bunch of useless, terrorist loving, good for nothing, amateur clowns who support anyone the rest of the world considers a rogue, dictator or terrorist, and who do nothing that is actually their mandate.
My buddy Will Endley is luckly to be alive in spite of their pathetic inaction, and unfortunately Andre fell victim to their usual inability to mediate.
When is Paul osullivan getting arrested BTW?

Glock26

Expert Member
Back under your bridge troll.
Someone who knows so little shouldn't be allowed to open his mouth so often. Mods..do we allow baiting now?

schumi

Honorary Master
They poisoned my husband – Andre Hanekom’s wife

Businessperson Andre Hanekom was diagnosed with pneumonia, but his wife says there was blood in his urine and his vocal cords were destroyed.

Poison is the cause of South African businessperson Andre Hanekom’s death yesterday in police custody in Mozambique, his wife Francis claimed, saying he was bleeding under his skin.

“The doctor diagnosed him with pneumonia but I suspect poisoning because he was bleeding under his skin, there was blood in his urine and on his stomach tube,” Francis told The Citizen yesterday.

What also baffled her was that his vocal cords were destroyed. He could not speak.

Hanekom, 62, was accused of being complicit in Islamist terror in Mozambique – but although he died at 4am, Francis only learned of his death from a friend at 9am.
More at : https://citizen.co.za/news/south-africa/crime/2069620/they-poisoned-my-husband-andre-hanekoms-wife/

schumi

Honorary Master
'Pay or we will kill him' - Wife of SA man who died in Mozambican custody received threats

The wife of André Hanekom, the South African man who died in custody in Mozambique last week, received threats that he would be killed at the beginning of January.
Francis Hanekom sent screen grabs of threats received in her Facebook inbox to News24 on Monday.
Hanekom died in police custody ahead of his court appearance on charges of terrorism. His family earlier told News24 they believe he had been poisoned.
Hanekom had been arrested in August last year and shot with an AK-47 assault rifle in what initially appeared to be a kidnapping. He had been in and out of hospital since then and kept in custody, despite two court orders ordering his release.
Francis initially received a comment on Facebook from one "Moz High", saying: "You may want to check your messages early, your husband's life depends on it."
'You'll get him in a body bag'
She then received a message in her inbox saying: "So we know your very public display of this has left some very important people sour. You will soon get your husband in a body bag if you don't do the following."
The person then asks for 10 Bitcoin (approximately R463 000), threatening to kill André if this demand is not met.

More at:
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/pay-or-we-will-kill-him-wife-of-sa-man-who-died-in-mozambican-custody-received-threats-20190129

schumi

Honorary Master
Mozambique 'won't disclose' André Hanekom's autopsy report - not even to family

The autopsy report on the death of André Hanekom – the South African man who died mysteriously while in custody in Mozambique last week – has been completed.
But, in a surprise move, it was announced that the results would not be disclosed, not even to Hanekom's family.
Mozambican newspaper O País reported on Tuesday that the provincial hospital in Pemba, where Hanekom died on Wednesday last week, had received the results of the autopsy of Hanekom, but said it could not reveal the report, not even to the family. It advised the media to address the provincial attorney's office – the only entity reportedly authorised to disclose the required information.
Believed to have been poisoned
Hanekom died in police custody ahead of his court appearance on charges of terrorism. His family earlier told News24 they believe he had been poisoned.
More at: https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/mozambique-wont-disclose-andre-hanekoms-autopsy-report-not-even-to-family-20190130

Gordon_R

Executive Member
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/breaking-remains-of-sa-man-believed-poisoned-in-mozambique-arrive-safely-sa-20190131

The remains of André Hanekom - the South African man believed by his family to have been poisoned by Mozambican authorities - has safely reached South Africa for an independent autopsy, his wife, Francis, confirmed to News24 on Thursday.

After much diplomatic and bureaucratic to-and-fro, Francis obtained a permit to repatriate his remains and managed to cross into South Africa at around 16:30 on Thursday.

An independent forensic investigation into the cause of his death will now be conducted, most possibly on Friday, Francis told News24.

TysonRoux

Expert Member
The remains of André Hanekom - the South African man believed by his family to have been poisoned by Mozambican authorities - has safely reached South Africa for an independent autopsy, his wife, Francis, confirmed to News24 on Thursday.

After much diplomatic and bureaucratic to-and-fro, Francis obtained a permit to repatriate his remains and managed to cross into South Africa at around 16:30 on Thursday.

An independent forensic investigation into the cause of his death will now be conducted, most possibly on Friday, Francis told News24.
If they didn't released the body, it would be a clear indication of foul play, and releasing the body for an independent autopsy is just as likely to confirm foul play.