‘Spies infiltrated BDS campaign’

schumi

Honorary Master
Cape Town - Spies, allegedly working for a well-known private investigator, were purportedly paid to infiltrate a Palestine support group running a campaign to have Israeli goods removed from a major retailer’s shelves.

Members of Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions against Israel (BDS) South Africa this week claimed one of the alleged spies confessed she and two others in the campaign had worked undercover, apparently on behalf of Woolworths. The company has denied this.

Weekend Argus obtained a voice recording of a conversation between the alleged spy, a former police officer, and BDS. It reveals the spy joined BDS as a “volunteer” and was told to gather personal information about activists and their campaign plans.

BDS said spies were hired by Woolworths but the company denied this. “These allegations are simply untrue,” Woolworths said in a statement. In the voice recording, the alleged spy can be heard saying she had worked for the police but had left to work with a private investigator to earn more money. She mentions in the recording the name of a well-known private investigator from Joburg who she claims hired her for the Woolworths job.

“Woolworths hired him. It was somebody at the top,” she said.

Weekend Argus contacted the private investigator and he denied any involvement in the matter.

BDS also claimed a consultancy firm that Woolworths has employed to assist with its public image was possibly involved, but the firm denied this.

Throughout the recording, the alleged spy is nervous about disclosing her identity. “If my name is exposed it will have a ripple effect,” she said. “I signed a confidentiality (agreement) and they said they could take me to court.”

The person worked with BDS in Joburg, but also travelled to Cape Town where she claims her investigations continued.
More at:http://sbeta.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/western-cape/spies-infiltrated-bds-campaign-1955960

AntiGanda

Banned
I don't know about WW, but police intelligence would/should have had someone on the inside. That is their job.

Toothless

Banned
The moment you are into this type of s**t you open yourself to spying and much more. Don't think there will not be any consequences nor will your actions not be monitored. Stop pissing now and take it on the chin.

Grant

Honorary Master
Members of Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions against Israel (BDS) South Africa this week claimed one of the alleged spies confessed she and two others in the campaign had worked undercover, apparently on behalf of Woolworths. The company has denied this.
bds
big on the claims
economical with the truth

Glock26

Expert Member
Agreed.
And if the BDS terrorists...sorry, activists, have nothing to hide and have honest motives, they shoudn't worry about "spies"
But of course their motives are anything but honest, and their funding anything but legit.
I would expect every singe activist group anywhere in the world to be infiltrated by intelligence gathering agents. This should surprise no-one. No news here.
Down with the BDS.

Toothless

Banned
Agreed.
And if the BDS terrorists...sorry, activists, have nothing to hide and have honest motives, they shoudn't worry about "spies"
But of course their motives are anything but honest, and their funding anything but legit.
I would expect every singe activist group anywhere in the world to be infiltrated by intelligence gathering agents. This should surprise no-one. No news here.
Down with the BDS.
+1!

MickeyD

RIP
Throughout the recording, the alleged spy is nervous about disclosing her identity. “If my name is exposed it will have a ripple effect,” she said. “I signed a confidentiality (agreement) and they said they could take me to court.”

The person worked with BDS in Joburg, but also travelled to Cape Town where she claims her investigations continued.
Bwahahahahaha

If there is ANY truth to these claims then she is well and truly rooted (how many female spies were there???).

AntiGanda

Banned
Bwahahahahaha

If there is ANY truth to these claims then she is well and truly rooted (how many female spies were there???).
I'm not sure of your reasoning. As far as the campaign goes, there were many women.
As far as tracking people down, I know someone who does that well ... :D

MickeyD

RIP
I'm not sure of your reasoning. As far as the campaign goes, there were many women.
As far as tracking people down, I know someone who does that well ... :D
How many were "spies" with a confidentiality agreement, working in both CPT and JHB?

Can be traced within 5 minutes.

AntiGanda

Banned
How many were "spies" with a confidentiality agreement, working in both CPT and JHB?

Can be traced within 5 minutes.
It took me a few minutes longer to find your name, he he ...

These transactions are normally done by someone close to the CEO or CFO and don't follow procurement guidelines. Lawyers also don't tell tales and would have supplied a confidentiality agreement as part of their own job.

MickeyD

RIP
It took me a few minutes longer to find your name, he he ...

These transactions are normally done by someone close to the CEO or CFO and don't follow procurement guidelines. Lawyers also don't tell tales and would have supplied a confidentiality agreement as part of their own job.
Her employer would not be WW or even the lawyers. It would be the alleged "well-known PI". And he/she will know exactly who the female spy is. (if true)

Seriously

Honorary Master
Those idiots were out of the sunshine for a while now so............. maybe they fabricate "news" to stay relevant?

roligov

After their concert mass protest flop, I'm surprised them and their "100k supporters" aren't still hiding their heads in shame. Or maybe it was the spies that ruined their big plans :whistling:

thehuman

Expert Member
I want some of the stuff these guys smoking :)
Another misinformation campaign

Gnome

Executive Member
Why would the "spies" confess?

I could believe WW would pay someone to spy on BDS, maybe. It would be far fetched but possible.

But what is the motive to confess, what does it win you?

You signed an NDA, so at that point you are out your salary and you are facing prosecution.

All just to let the world know that WW is spying on BDS? Don't see the win for her in this.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Why would the "spies" confess?

I could believe WW would pay someone to spy on BDS, maybe. It would be far fetched but possible.

But what is the motive to confess, what does it win you?

You signed an NDA, so at that point you are out your salary and you are facing prosecution.

All just to let the world know that WW is spying on BDS? Don't see the win for her in this.
There isn't one, because its complete BS...

Nothing that emanates from BDS "media" crew has very much truth in it.

konfab

Honorary Master
It wouldn't surprise me if BDS is outright funded by Israel.

Nothing has discredited the Palestinian cause more so than BDS.

marine1

Honorary Master
It wouldn't surprise me if BDS is outright funded by Israel.

Nothing has discredited the Palestinian cause more so than BDS.
:D wahahahahah
I think an investigation needs to be done to see what links they have to terror organisations and who is funding them.
Every one of them need to be thoroughly investigated