‘The next iteration of high speed connectivity’

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
translation = "we will offer it to the corporate customers at the same price"

Shred

Expert Member
Company Rep
Goodness, I cannot stand the word "converged". I heard that from Neotel for ages and all we got was a orange god forsaken building that no one can order services from. converged services, true converged products to the masses, puke!!!

nictron

What should be doing is offering new services on the Seacom cable at a reduced price that competes with Sat-3 immediately.

This spin IS is putting on it is just a way to market Seacom as more of the same which means no change.

This is why I do not do business with IS anymore they lost a good 50K per month from us because of their stuck notions!

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
I'm sure most people on this forum would gladly buy a SEACOM only Internet account and put up with the 3 hours of downtime a year to save R1000's. Besides, we can buy a 1GB SAT3 based account for those downtimes anyway. Redundancy is a tired excuse.

Tegnik

I am not a network expert or anything. I do not understand how SEACOM will be presented.

Are we going to see packages such as:

1: 4mbps 3GB SAT-3
2: 4mbps 3GB SEACOM

??

I am not sure if I understand this correctly, but are we going to get a new package just so we can make use of SEACOM? We have to choose between the two? Thats what this sounded like... Do American ISPs have a package for each of the one hundred million seven hundred and fifty three thousand four hundred and sixty eight cables running to and from the US?

Is it just me or does all the promises that SEACOM made seem rather empty lately?

Are our ISPs just realistic, negative or preparing for another session of bunghole raping?

Luf

I am not a network expert or anything. I do not understand how SEACOM will be presented.

Are we going to see packages such as:

1: 4mbps 3GB SAT-3
2: 4mbps 3GB SEACOM

??

I am not sure if I understand this correctly, but are we going to get a new package just so we can make use of SEACOM? We have to choose between the two? Thats what this sounded like... Do American ISPs have a package for each of the one hundred million seven hundred and fifty three thousand four hundred and sixty eight cables running to and from the US?

Is it just me or does all the promises that SEACOM made seem rather empty lately?

Are our ISPs just realistic, negative or preparing for another session of bunghole raping?

Please someone in the know answer this, i also really would like to know.

Keeper

Honorary Master
redundancy?

RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!

you've been doing fine with only SAT3 yet the newer SEACOM Cable isn't good enough by itself?

When are we going to see a REAL ISP stand up, with their cards behind SEACOM, willing to pay less, get faster speeds, and pass some savings to us? it's not that difficult - that's what we want!

Forget about SAT3 FFS.

Odracir

Expert Member
All that article told us that we the consumer shouldn't hold our breath for prices to come down anytime soon.

drukkie

Expert Member
Sounds like Neotel...more of the same at the same price BS!!!

i'm with Keeper...can someone buy some balls(no offence ladies) and put them on the table!

grok

Honorary Master
However, we don’t see many corporate customers moving over to Seacom as their sole means of Internet connectivity, as a high level of redundancy is a requirement for this segment.

Funny how they've managed thus far without redundancy.

This just sounds like another excuse for not bringing down prices as predicted.

Keeper

Honorary Master
Yeah, if they're not announcing any real benifits to us, then they should just SHADDUP.

We're tired of your lip-flapping, now get with the program and offer us some better deals to run to!

GuileX

In other words when seacom goes live its just going to be another day in SA, nothing spectacular

entrepr

Expert Member
Blah blah blah !!

Please bb don't allow any more free PR for these wafflers until they announce PRICE REDUCTIONS ...

demon angel

Expert Member
This just peeves me off!
One week is a positive seacom article then it turns negative a week later.
We all know the benefit of seacom and i will be damned if im forced to continue paying through my nose for a service that should be cheap as chips!
I understand the in's and out's about how costing affects telecoms companies,but what i wont accept is paying the same for a 1 or 2 gig bundle!
They had better add a zero to their caps!
Telecoms companies are sitting on a timebomb with consumers enraged and fed up,and i predict that hacking will start to take place as they fail to deliver the substantially increased bandwidth to the consumer.

Budza

Executive Member
I hope their pricing is made publice before the end of the month. Otherwise I'm tied into another month at openweb...

foX2delta

I hope their pricing is made publice before the end of the month. Otherwise I'm tied into another month at openweb...

Thats what i want to see, they all say they are ready and what not, but i want to see pricing coming in the next week. Surely someone can leak the info, happens all the time go the rest of the world.

Fuzzbox

Expert Member
I think that all the ISPs are sitting on the fence to see who makes the first move and possibly to see what price reductions , if any , Telkom will announce. This is a game of poker to see who blinks first. No one wants to announce the prices first in case they sign contracts etc and then someone else cuts their prices.
Telkom has the infrastructure already where as some of the possible new Isps have to get connected to the Seacom cable.
This will probably take a few more months and while this happens no one is going to drop pricing. Prove us all wrong!!!!!!

Last edited: