‘Things will never be able to return to how they were’ – economist

Lupus

Honorary Master
Which might be a good thing, the world needed a wake up call. Now suddenly people can work from home? Before it was no uhmm because of things and stuff.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Which might be a good thing, the world needed a wake up call. Now suddenly people can work from home? Before it was no uhmm because of things and stuff.
Loadshedding wasn't enough of a wake up call?
Those people that could work from home already did.

*SynergyX*

Expert Member
productivity has dropped significantly though over the last 2 weeks -- people are just not mature enough to carry out tasks without being watched.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
productivity has dropped significantly though over the last 2 weeks -- people are just not mature enough to carry out tasks without being watched.
For some yes, there is no question... and they will be weeded out in this process.

Others it will work for. I like working from home, it makes my life much easier... BUT i do want to have an office where I can go every so often to interact with colleagues face to face.

*SynergyX*

Expert Member
it becomes a matter of just running a business day to day -- or your business actually excelling in my view.
and with everyone working offsite i see the business just running and not excelling.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Ours has actually gone up, but my team is rather mature in how they approach things.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Bosses generally dont like the idea of you being all comfy at home doing "work".
You'll get swamped with more work or hauled in and work at the office.
Something has to give.

Lupus

Honorary Master
it becomes a matter of just running a business day to day -- or your business actually excelling in my view.
and with everyone working offsite i see the business just running and not excelling.
Why isn't it excelling? It should be business as usual no?

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Not having the same problem. What sucks is not working face to face.