‘Yeah, right!’ — What you said about the EFF’s plan to build RDP houses in Sandton

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Readers are not convinced after EFF leader Julius Malema declared his party is looking at land in Sandton on which to build RDP houses.

Speaking at the party’s 2021 election manifesto launch over the weekend, Malema said building the houses would promote “integrated human settlements”.

“The EFF is going to identify a piece of land in Sandton and we are going to build RDP houses. We must not have places of the rich and places of the poor. We must bring you together because you belong together.”

He said EFF-run municipalities would also implement a “property wealth tax” to subsidise basic services for the poor.

“Dali Mpofu is going to be the first victim of the property wealth tax because he lives in Houghton. He must pay for a poor person in a township and in the village,” he said.

Source

dualmeister

Honorary Master
As much as I hate given any airtime to this naartjie, these election time promises are just ..... :X3:

SoldierMan

Executive Member
So...... how many millions of houses are going to be built in the cities for the poor? Oh, right they will only manage a couple thousand at most. And who will get those houses? Expect bumfights over those; illegal occupation, pay-offs and perhaps even a bump-off.

Ponderer

Executive Member
I wonder if Juliass will be one of those living in those houses.
I doubt it.
'Tis time that his supporters demand that he (the ass) put his money where his mouth is.

Dudlu

Expert Member
There's nothing inherently wrong with mixed income communities. They just need to be thoughtfully created.

3WA

Honorary Master
Someone tell the EFF that rich white people are moving to Port Nolloth or something so we can ship all our poor there.

3WA

Honorary Master
There's nothing inherently wrong with mixed income communities. They just need to be thoughtfully created.

Poor people park like crap in my street and they don’t care cause their cars are bashed anyways. And their kids play in the street but they can’t kick straight so their soccer balls end up in my yard.

If we’re having mixed income communities, they’re gonna have to go for parking lessons and soccer training.

Ponderer

Executive Member
Forced mixed income communities will never work.
People want to live where they can.

Acid0

Expert Member
Well the plan is concrete, build RDP houses in the rich area then the prices of the rich houses goes down to nothing then who will pay the rich taxes again after everybody moved out....

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Love this "wealth tax" idea of Julius' though...

He would be the first one to take a municipality to court if they tried some shyte like that and he had to pay it.

zulucat

Expert Member
No, we don't want RDPs here Juliass... Well, I'm sure people who live in Sandton don't want them

6spdmanual

Expert Member
Reminds me of that squatter area right behind Porsche in Fourways. Anything is possible.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Love this "wealth tax" idea of Julius' though...

He would be the first one to take a municipality to court if they tried some shyte like that and he had to pay it.

He implied,

“We are going to tax them, including myself. I stay in Sandton and I must pay the wealth tax to subsidise the poor. That is the practical way we can share the wealth of the country because the wealth of the county must be shared.”

these remarks never age.