‘Yeah, right!’ — What you said about the EFF’s plan to build RDP houses in Sandton

surface

Honorary Master
A little rich for someone that 'rents' a house in Hyde Park :unsure:
This is buddy system of rentals. Discovery pays rent to Growthpoint. Do you think discovery can't afford to own ? All these tactics are rich people's schemes.

itareanlnotani

Expert Member
Do RDP houses pay rates?

-----
Did a quick google, looks like they would need to. Houses over 120k Zar would be liable for rates.
I would imagine even RDP houses in Sandton would therefore be liable for rates.

All the fun of housing, with all the bills. That won't work well for the everything for free recipients.

Bigjay84

Since JZ left office the EFF have got no platform , no policies and no clue how to stay relevant

Howdy

Expert Member
Readers are not convinced after EFF leader Julius Malema declared his party is looking at land in Sandton on which to build RDP houses.

Speaking at the party’s 2021 election manifesto launch over the weekend, Malema said building the houses would promote “integrated human settlements”.

“The EFF is going to identify a piece of land in Sandton and we are going to build RDP houses. We must not have places of the rich and places of the poor. We must bring you together because you belong together.”

He said EFF-run municipalities would also implement a “property wealth tax” to subsidise basic services for the poor.

“Dali Mpofu is going to be the first victim of the property wealth tax because he lives in Houghton. He must pay for a poor person in a township and in the village,” he said.

Source
So property values will decline by 90% to 10% of the original value, wealth tax (if still applicable after the devaluation) will then push up the total tax to 15% of the original. Seems like a plan. A plan to bankrupt municipalities. :thumbsup:

lkswan747

Expert Member
Love this "wealth tax" idea of Julius' though...

He would be the first one to take a municipality to court if they tried some shyte like that and he had to pay it.
I would love to see him lead by example! :rolleyes:

lkswan747

Expert Member
Hey, it must be election time! Julius and other politicians are stirring the pot after being quiet and full of shyte for a while.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I suppose I missed some detail.... If the eff are in charge he wouldn't complain, if another party did it he would squeal like a stuck pig.

The thing with political bureaucracy is that it is one thing to commit and another to be compelled by it, renege and all that, but I am certain Malema can oblige by this political quest, /cough VBS and so on ;)

Does policy-makers abide by their own policies?

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Poor people park like crap in my street and they don’t care cause their cars are bashed anyways. And their kids play in the street but they can’t kick straight so their soccer balls end up in my yard.

If we’re having mixed income communities, they’re gonna have to go for parking lessons and soccer training.
Who in this age plays straight shots?

Ignore the clickbait title and thumbnail. Normal curved shots.

• Haha
Reactions: 3WA

3WA

Honorary Master
Who in this age plays straight shots?

Ignore the clickbait title and thumbnail. Normal curved shots.

Go easy on the little kids. I'm not even asking that they play stylish, entertaining football. Just that they hit their target.

If they could kick like in that video, I'd be shipping them all off to the PSL.

The_MAC

Executive Member
Well, he can start with Alex, it's basically Sandton, rejuvenate the place, if you get that right, you'll have my attention..

Quicks

Expert Member
Rich normally buy where they buy because there is less poor. The problem with poor people and places where the poor live, is also where most of the crime is. What will happen Sandton will just turn into another Sh!thole city and people with money will move again to a nicer area. This is just going to cost jobs makes it easier for another looting spree. Seeing that it almost happens every year now.

azbob

Honorary Master
RDP houses have always been a major source of tender fraud. Can t find specific stats but wonder what % of them have been completed and to spec.

Go easy on the little kids. I'm not even asking that they play stylish, entertaining football. Just that they hit their target.

If they could kick like in that video, I'd be shipping them all off to the PSL.

Someone here doesn’t watch the PSL if he thinks they can kick like that.

The_MAC

Executive Member
Rich normally buy where they buy because there is less poor. The problem with poor people and places where the poor live, is also where most of the crime is. What will happen Sandton will just turn into another Sh!thole city and people with money will move again to a nicer area. This is just going to cost jobs makes it easier for another looting spree. Seeing that it almost happens every year now.
That is what basically happened with JHB CBD, all the money left and so did the quality of life. As you say, this will happen over and over until poverty is addressed at grassroots levels i.e. education, family planning etc.

First point of order, stop F'ing stealing the tax payers money, you might just have enough to do these ambitious projects instead of buying votes!

3WA

Honorary Master
Someone here doesn’t watch the PSL if he thinks they can kick like that.

If the kids on my street could kick like that, they'd be bossing the PSL every week. I'd be having them over for dinner, managing them, sponsoring their kits, and making their parents or legal guardians sign contracts they don’t really understand.