“Bitcoin has lost its way”

konfab

Honorary Master
"Bitcoin will fail": says increasingly nervous man for the seventh time.

saor

Honorary Master
Vays refers to all other cryptocurrencies as “altcoins”, and stated that they were not worth purchasing as a long-term investment.

“I don’t think there is any other asset in the cryptocurrency market which is investment-worthy,” said Vays.
Strange, because many of these altcoins (coins and token projects) are bringing more utility and blockchain innovation to the table than bitcoin.

cyb3rt

Strange, because many of these altcoins (coins and token projects) are bringing more utility and blockchain innovation to the table than bitcoin.
Agreed, just because of that comment from him I am not even going to bother reading the article, he clearly doesn't know what he is talking about.

Dreamer

A lot of coin supports are just trying to hype "their" coin and knock the rest.
That interview was a joke.

lestoran

What a waste of my time that was.

Ethereum is useless? Have a look at its Enterprise partners: https://entethalliance.org/members/

Microsoft became a sponsoring member before Ethereum was even live.

Bitcoin is going nowhere in the near future. Maybe one day it will be replaced by a better coin but I'll bet my entire fortune it wont be Bitcoin Cash or any other existing coin. Whatever it is needs to actually be planned and managed properly from the start like Ethereum was, but focused on finance and value like Bitcoin.

Ofcourse Bitcoin development is slow and conservative. The chain is worth $166 BILLION DOLLARS!! You can't exactly rush a feature and risk losing peoples money! If trust is broken that value becomes 0;

Ethereum is no-where near perfect but its a well manged project with lots of resources and its got pretty much no competition.

No Neo is not competition. Just go look at how its managed. I also don't believe delegated proof of stake is actually secure. Maybe it is but I've yet to see proof.

Cardano may be one day - I'm impressed with how that project is run. But 1st it needs to be finished and then it needs to compete with the incumbent.

Swa

Honorary Master
“Ethereum is a completely useless technology. Ethereum’s only use case is to create other versions of Ethereum, on Ethereum.”
So Cryptokitties don't exist? It may amount to nothing in the end but it's shown a clear use case where Ethereum has utility. I also don't think we should be referring to "altcoins" any more. Bitcoin is no longer the dominant crypto when it comes to innovation. The future is likely a list of currencies some of which come and go. Bitcoin is what we always said it would become.