“Just shut up Vodacom” – Minister of Communications

Zamarvelous

Why are you fighting for someone you don't know?
Are you hoping to get some of his money?
I'm not fighting for anyone.Should we all just shut up because we don't know the guy?Besides,this is a free country.If i support the guy i'm right.If you don't support him,you're also right.

marine1

Honorary Master
Must be snowing, I actually agree with her.
This is going to be, no wait this is already a PR disaster for VC mafia.
I hope the guy takes them back to the concourt. This has gone on for too long.

Sollie

Expert Member
I'm not fighting for anyone.Should we all just shut up because we don't know the guy?Besides,this is a free country.If i support the guy i'm right.If you don't support him,you're also right.
Is that you Stella? You're not in parliamnet here shouting down the opposition. Here we actually debate things. Oh wait, why does that sound wrong? :unsure:

koeks525

Expert Member
Our ministers are busy on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook and not doing much in the department(s) they represent. Pretty sad, but not surprising. This woman shouldn't have used such vile language - as a public figure, you should use appropriate language and tone.

Simple rule: Don't tweet. You make a fool of yourself on twitter.
This is rocket science for many people on Twitter.

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
A minister should be unbiased in a case like this, and instead of adding fuel to the fire, the minister should be facilitating this matter, she is after all the "Minister Of Communications"
A president should also not be stealing from his people..

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
The minister has every right to be infuriated by Vodacom.This matter has draged on for more than 10 years now.They must obey the court ruling and pay up.
Maybe she should tell herself to shut up and finalise digital migration, how many years has it been?

Allant99

Its not unusual for gorillas like Vodacom to steal ideas and act in a dishonest way. I had my samples and ideas 'redistributed'; Vodacom took the solution I provided them and handed it to my opposition. My suppliers alerted me they had been asked to quote. Just look at Volkswagen; they lied to us with diesel cheats. Woolworths was caught twice with soda and baby carriers. Kenneth should set his eyes on a reasonable comepensation. They are never going to pay out billions of ZAR. R10mil is a pittance though for the value he brought. I am always amazed at how short sighted gorillas are when it comes to staff creativity, the value it adds to a company and how to encourage and reward this. I am also amazed at how inventors over-value their contribution when it costs so much to bring to market. 10% is generous return. Want more: build it yourself.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Its not unusual for gorillas like Vodacom to steal ideas and act in a dishonest way. I had my samples and ideas 'redistributed'; Vodacom took the solution I provided them and handed it to my opposition. My suppliers alerted me they had been asked to quote. Just look at Volkswagen; they lied to us with diesel cheats. Woolworths was caught twice with soda and baby carriers. Kenneth should set his eyes on a reasonable comepensation. They are never going to pay out billions of ZAR. R10mil is a pittance though for the value he brought. I am always amazed at how short sighted gorillas are when it comes to staff creativity, the value it adds to a company and how to encourage and reward this. I am also amazed at how inventors over-value their contribution when it costs so much to bring to market. 10% is generous return. Want more: build it yourself.
Steal an idea? The Please Call Me was a brand new thing, never used by anyone else anywhere? :unsure: Didn't know that!

D tj

VC charged it's customers ( mostly the poor ones) for this service and earned a very good deal of money, they need to pay-up. A Fair Pay too!!
Very different if it had been a free service,...but free from the oob shark masters???? Ha Ha.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
The hypocrisy of this comment is outstanding.

You claiming it is a free country so you don't need to shut up, yet you are are defending a woman who claims to someone else they must shut up. :unsure:

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
The "poor pr stunt" is Vodacom acting like they want to pay a reasonable amount based on the court ruling" Well, he asked for 15c in every R1, which are roughly estimated at R10 billion. The court did NOT rule that as unreasonable, so a reasonable amount should be close to that.
The court also did NOT rule that R1 million rand was not unreasonable, so by your own logic an amount close to that should also be reasonable.

The fact is the court did not rule an actual amount hence the reason why it is still in court. The communication minister must stay out of it until a final ruling (including compensation amount) has been finalised.