• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

“Where the hell are you going?”

Sugarman

Making Sugar
This is nothing new, some months ago the local radio station had a taxi driver on that was saying how people should give way to them and respect them.......
Yeah sure...

Sugarman

Making Sugar
As an update, JMPD tracked this taxi driver down and arrested him for reckless and negligent driving, based on this video.
That is a first, usually the traffic cops ignore taxi drivers and only target law abiding citizens

Cius

Expert Member
Yesterday I was at an intersection in Randburg where the light changed for me and a taxi ran the red light just after it changed while another stopped in the one lane. I could not see much but had a feeling wait a little longer. Two seconds later another taxi came in the fast lane and ran the light at about 100km/h in a 60 zone a full 4 to 5 seconds after the light changed. I did not see him coming until he was in the intersection practically as my view was blocked by the stopped taxi. There is no way he would have been able to stop had I moved into the intersection. These guys need to be arrested and the taxi's taken off the road. The only way they will learn to not take so many lives.

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
These guys drive like krap ...but i dont recall seeing any accidents during traffic time ..this is in CPT
most accidents and lives lost happen with long distance taxis

maumau

Honorary Master
Biker is a hero..... but he took his life in his hands.

On another note, taxis want the right to drive in the yellow lines officially because emergency vehicles force them out of the fast lane.