1 and a half years for my Indiegogo order to arrive

SilverCode

I asked for my earphones to be delivered via courier and not the postal system, to which they said no problem – as this was their original plan.
I also backed this campaign and was concerned about them using SAPO instead of courier, so I'm glad to hear this. I received notice the other day that my order is ready to ship. But much like the author, my need for these has been significantly reduced over the last 1.5 years.

So Jamie, the bigger question is do they work as advertised?
The comments of the backers who have received them say they work, but not nearly as well as they were advertised to. Lots of people actually think they received broken earplugs that were just doing regular passive noise cancellation. They are apparently also very uncomfortable and most people aren't able to sleep with them in, making them somewhat useless for blocking out snoring.

Happy Days

You could have saved some serious money by going for a much lower-tech solution. I have been using foam earplugs as used in industrial settings, for years, and found them to be most effective. My wife snores like crazy and the foam earplugs cuts the noise by about 90 - 95%.

SilverCode

You could have saved some serious money by going for a much lower-tech solution. I have been using foam earplugs as used in industrial settings, for years, and found them to be most effective. My wife snores like crazy and the foam earplugs cuts the noise by about 90 - 95%.
Foam earplugs never stayed in my ears and fell out during the night. I switched to using silicon ones which moulded to my ear and stayed put, but they don't do a very good job of blocking out low-frequency noises like loud snoring right next to your head. Since the QuietOns were specifically designed to actively block those frequencies, I was really hoping they would solve my problem.

1.5 years later though my GF has started taking medication for something else entirely, and it seems to have had the side effect of making the snoring much less prominent.

Happy Days

Foam earplugs never stayed in my ears and fell out during the night. I switched to using silicon ones which moulded to my ear and stayed put, but they don't do a very good job of blocking out low-frequency noises like loud snoring right next to your head. Since the QuietOns were specifically designed to actively block those frequencies, I was really hoping they would solve my problem.

1.5 years later though my GF has started taking medication for something else entirely, and it seems to have had the side effect of making the snoring much less prominent.
That was my problem initially with the foam plugs as well. Then I discovered that you have to corkscrew them in and since then, no further problems. The silicon ones are all uncomfortable as hell and I kept on going back to the foam plugs.

Another trick I learned, was to get my wife to lay on her side with her chin as far up as possible, and that reduced the snoring as well; at least long enough for me to fall asleep.

Last suggestion: for those that struggle to fall asleep - get yourself some melatonin - no more than 3mg per dose. Works like a bomb - all natural - and you drop off without any issues.

elvis_presley

Expert Member
Seeing this has turned in to an anti-snoring thread, I'll chime in :) I snore; the root cause is usually grinding of your teeth which wears them down over the years which makes your bottom jaw go back a few mm, which is enough to move things around at the back of your throat which causes snoring. Ask your dentist about an anti-snoring device, it's like a mouth guard but holds your jaw in the right position. A bit intrusive, but not too bad... it has a side effect of stopping the tooth grinding which means it's a permanent long term preventative solution. It's not cheap but pays for itself in the long term.