10 cars you can buy for R10,000 a month

nazmo

Expert Member
Queue the "I would never spend so much on a car" and "10k is more than I pay for my house" comments.

Lol yeah. everything is relative. to someone earning R100k a month, R10k is perfectly reasonable. Also houses in cape town, you get nothing for R10k

Craig_

Honorary Master
Queue the "I would never spend so much on a car" and "10k is more than I pay for my house" comments.

TBH that is a shitload of money for a car. And chances are it won't even be a top of the range car unless you're buying a small car. We'll be paying that for school fees from next year on and I'm already belching at the thought. Admittedly I get paid a pittance so as @nazmo says it's all relative, for someone on a massive (tm mybb) that's probably a pittance.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
But like it is more than I pay for my house...

Then again many cars cost more than I paid for my house these days.

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master

Joe'burgers use to always push the 1-2 car-house rule which makes R10K payment reasonable.

1 years salary on a car, 2 years on a house.

So a R600K and a R1,2 million flat are within reach of the average Joe's. You can buy in Gallo Manor and still have change to mod your car rims. Your bond is only 12% more than your car right now.

But being in the Cape, we say 0-20 car-house rule ;)

Can I afford a CX-5 payment, yes, do I want a CX-5, yes, but and am I going to buy one? No, my tandem garage says no, it's not deep enough, and I can't afford to buy a bigger house and still have that new CX-5.