10 murders per day in Gauteng

kaspaas

Expert Member
GavinMannion said:
So if you do work out the stats you will see that your chance of being murdered in gauteng next year is less than 0.05 %
Over a life time of 50 years, each of us stands a chance of being murdered of 2.5%... (or 1 in 40 of us is going to be murdered in a life of 50 years at the current murder rate)

GavinMannion

Executive Member
Hmm the death rate is proving difficult to nail down...

All the deaths are split into categories and I don't feel like going through 100+ categories and adding them up and working on the rate per 1000 after that.

here is a breakdown from what I have found
birth - death
21 - 17
21 - 18
26 - 12
19 - 15

So ignoring the 3rd one it all seems like get about 3.5 - 4 extra people per thousand every year..

If someone could find some better stats it would be great

GavinMannion

Executive Member
Kasspaas, you never did stats did you?

You cannot accumulate a yearly percentage over the years.

If you make this year your odds next year of dying are 0.05%, so your current chance of dying in the next 50 years will be 0.05% (Because you cannot die twice)

Angelo

Expert Member
GavinMannion said:
Kasspaas, you never did stats did you?

You cannot accumulate a yearly percentage over the years.

If you make this year your odds next year of dying are 0.05%, so your current chance of dying in the next 50 years will be 0.05% (Because you cannot die twice)
:D

kilo39

Executive Member
Violent crime had increased and "we have a problem", he said but refused to discuss statistics, saying they were "irrelevant, because a single crime is too much".
Don't you just love it (I have no wish to live in a police state - release all the stats FFS - what are they scared of?)

Wouldn't it be "Vigilant, we must be"?

Vigilant must we be - !?

- maybe they (the police) should try picking up their phones and actually going to a crime scene -

Last edited:

sybawoods

Expert Member
If stats are to be believed, then on average the whole of South Africa has one testicle, and one breast ;) ;)

JTech

Banned
To GavinMannion:

I await to see what tune you're gonna sing when a gun get shoved in your face and you are relieved of your car or your personal posessions.