100GB prepaid data deal price comparison

Sodan

Expert Member
Well done to Cell C.

Jan, I like that you put the peak price GB separately to the minimum price per GB. I don't know if it'll make the table too wide, but what do you think about putting in a data validity period column as well? (e.g. end of following month (or max 60 days) with VC, 365 with Cell C, etc)

Beri

Expert Member
Well done Vodacom....... you are on the bottom again.:sick:

Sodan

Expert Member
Now that you mention VC, I didn't see their 20GB for R499 in the table. Any reason this was omitted?

SomeoneEls

Now that you mention VC, I didn't see their 20GB for R499 in the table. Any reason this was omitted?
Probably because Vodacom didn't indicate when it would start...
The official launch date for the 20GB promotion has not been communicated, but it is understood that the promotion will run until 30 January 2013.
http://mybroadband.co.za/news/broadband/65244-vodacom-20gb-for-r499.html

And because it's 20GB's in one month/Max two months period not over a year

Twista

I left MTN a decade ago... Good Move.

In my opinion Cell C should be on top cos Neotel, Well I wouldn't touch them with a ten metre pole.. They not even competition

Cell C is making good waves. Nice...

Base122

I'd like a nice big prepaid 100GB bundle split over multiple SIM's to cover my Smartphone, home router modem and laptop modem, all with the same operator thanks. :D

Cell C how about it? :whistling:

louisek

do you think this is worth while? My co gives me a vodacom dongle to use after hours but is snoep with paying for it and the accounts lady always argues. I would like to download movies like my boet but he says I need uncapped ADSL but there is no phone where I live and only crappy wi-fi supplied by the body corporate. One of those hurry up and wait deals. This afternoon this page took 10-15 seconds to load it is so slow

Byte

Love these comparison tables - really puts things into perspective. Vodacom! *shakes head*

Xzib1t

Expert Member
In my Mind CellC is top of that list, we've all heard what Neotel can be like.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Vodacom and MTN making enough money with R2 airtime sales, that's why they don't bother with "unsustainable" data deals.
Prove me wrong.

dzasta2002

I'd like a nice big prepaid 100GB bundle split over multiple SIM's to cover my Smartphone, home router modem and laptop modem, all with the same operator thanks. :D
Why not just use your smartphone as a wi-fi hotspot? Saves all the trouble of multiple accounts.

dzasta2002

do you think this is worth while? My co gives me a vodacom dongle to use after hours but is snoep with paying for it and the accounts lady always argues. I would like to download movies like my boet but he says I need uncapped ADSL but there is no phone where I live and only crappy wi-fi supplied by the body corporate. One of those hurry up and wait deals. This afternoon this page took 10-15 seconds to load it is so slow
Uncapped ADSL seems to be your best bet. Order your phone line via ISP (they'll get on Telkom's case quicker than if you do it yourself. (Web Africa's Uncapped 2Mbs including line rental costs R588pm and with smart midnight-6am task scheduling you could be doing well over 150GB per month!