10Mbps uncapped fibre and ADSL prices in South Africa compared - 2012 vs 2020

genetic

Honorary Master
10Mbps is the slowest you can get these days... and it's SLOW.

Deandbn

Don't them use a 2012 - 2020 Comparison to obfuscate that SA still have just about the most expensive prices for internet connection in the world.
Instead of doing an article on how prices have reduced over a couple of years they should rather do an article on why our internet is so slow and so expensive and expose who is creaming the profits.

genetic

Honorary Master
Don't them use a 2012 - 2020 Comparison to obfuscate that SA still have just about the most expensive prices for internet connection in the world.
Instead of doing an article on how prices have reduced over a couple of years they should rather do an article on why our internet is so slow and so expensive and expose who is creaming the profits.
Our internet isn't slow - expensive, yes, but it definitely isn't slow.

Swa

Honorary Master
Who cares about the prices of high end? It's the entry level that matters and it's still sky high.

Swa

Honorary Master
Our internet isn't slow - expensive, yes, but it definitely isn't slow.
Looked at international? 100Mbps is becoming the norm. There shouldn't be anything below 50Mbps. Don't forget a year or so ago they thought they could still offer 4Mbps adsl speeds over fibre. :ROFL:

justplain

Expert Member
I'll be happy with 50Mbps for R500, not the R700+ I pay now for 20Mbps uncapped.
Admittedly I dont have any issues with a 20Mbps line. I dont have any 4k devices and even so I believe 4k Netflix for example works ok on a 20mbps line if needed.