[11/02/19] Eskom starts stage 4 load-shedding

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
The heading on the document shows stage 4.

"6 additional generating units went offline"....... 6.. HTF does units fail during the course of a morning.

dj2381

Expert Member
Getting very desperate for that increase now, why aren't there independent investigations done to determine if this is real or sabotage?

Just added 07:00 - 09:30 to my shedding of the day :D

So looks like I might miss it completely /happy dance!

FlashSA

Executive Member
East London's Buffalo City Municipality has never issued a stage 4 schedule so this afternoon will be great fun playing Eskom Russian Roulette. FFS

The heading on the document shows stage 4.

"6 additional generating units went offline"....... 6.. HTF does units fail during the course of a morning.
Easy, over loading because of the load it now needs to carry since they have others offline. It's dying infrastructure. Only a matter of time till it crashes. Once it does it can't be started again apparently.

East London's Buffalo City Municipality has never issued a stage 4 schedule so this afternoon will be great fun playing Eskom Russian Roulette. FFS
Friend of mine is working at the new Merc plant there. I'm sure as hell they can afford a shut down now. They only started running about 3 weeks ago :D
/sarcasm

oober

Expert Member
Easy, over loading because of the load it now needs to carry since they have others offline. It's dying infrastructure. Only a matter of time till it crashes. Once it does it can't be started again apparently.
Hmm like a chain reaction, if they don't shed load fast enough more units might shut down etc.