11 days off with 4 days leave?

Trixanno

I'm taking 0 days but I'm getting 8. Yeah sure I need to go to work for 3 days in between, but that's minor details ;)

On a serious note, I've just come back from a 3 week tour of Namibia, Cape Town and the Garden Route, so I'll be at work...enjoying the peace and quite.

rorz0r

Executive Member
Yeah went on easter weekend but unfortunately didn't get a place in kruger. Stayed at Marloth park. That sucked. Didn't even get into kruger the one day. Was in the queue at 5am the next morning and was about car 100. I think gate opened at 6 and took til about 7 to get in. Then of course it's super busy inside and you don't see anything. Then on the way back to jhb on the sunday the traffic was just INSANE. I think possibly worse than sandton before/during the world cup opening ceremony... Hopefully because it's 11 days people leaving/returning will be a bit more spread out. Also heard they banned day visitors from brining in alcohol which can only be a good thing. If you're in the park and staying very north I guess you will be ok.

web

Executive Member
Booked off for my annual moz. trip 8th year in a row, but it is no longer a boys trip wives and kids are coming this year too..

J_S

Year end Auditors will be lurking around so probably wont be able to have all the time off.

OomD

Applied too. Crap now I have to wait 11 days before I can work again :(

syrrano

I haven't been able to take a holiday in almost 5 years so I am damn well taking those 3 days and spending 21st April till 2nd May in Gansbaai. Carent wait! :D

DurbanMonkey

Banned
My leave is approved. 23 people in the department and 6 have to be there. Poor them.

Sent from my X10i using MyBroadband Android App

stevovo

Expert Member
Question: Is an employer allowed to subtract the public holidays from your annual leave if you normally work public holidays?

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Question: Is an employer allowed to subtract the public holidays from your annual leave if you normally work public holidays?
My understanding is that working Sundays and public holidays counts as double time, so you're mean to be paid twice your hourly rate. Either that or you can get paid time off at the appropriate ratio - so 1 public holiday = 2 work days off. It's the same for overtime, where 8 hours = 12 work hours off etc. I think that this is non-negotiable, even if it's in your contract. So first check if you're being screwed in that sense.

As for your question, I don't think they're allowed to do that unless it's in your contract and you agreed to it.