$11-million fraud charge for Sandton businessman

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
$11-million fraud charge for Sandton businessman

Nigerian businessman Obinwanne Okeke, who has called South Africa his second home, has been arrested by the FBI in the United States on charges of conspiracy to commit computer fraud and conspiracy to commit wire fraud.

Okeke received a lot of press — in South Africa and Nigeria — when he made the Forbes 30 under 30 list and appeared on the cover of Forbes Africa magazine.

Swa

Honorary Master
Nigeria at it again.

PS: The image or whatever it is is broken btw.

Jan

Drifting in the black
PS: The image or whatever it is is broken btw.
The header image, the Facebook video embed midway through the article, or the image of Okeke lower down? (They all show for me across various browsers. Script blocker on your side, maybe?)

Swa

Honorary Master
The header image, the Facebook video embed midway through the article, or the image of Okeke lower down? (They all show for me across various browsers. Script blocker on your side, maybe?)
Well I couldn't say what it is as it's not showing anything but only "the connection was reset" even with nothing blocked.

It's the second element between the handcuff image and the face portrait.

Swa

Honorary Master
Opera gives the same error. No difference with Adblock plus on or off.

Swa

Honorary Master
Facebook has switched from www. to web. and no longer automatically redirects www. to web..
The correct url to use is web.facebook.com/BBCnewsafrica/videos/10156522409520229/

EDIT: Dammit man, then you want to embed it as a media string here too with no option to turn it off. lol

Takkies

Once again the headline is misleading. Perhaps it should have read . . .

Nigerian fraudster businessman Obinwanne Okeke, who working from offices in Sandton has been arrested by the FBI in the United States on charges of conspiracy to commit computer fraud and conspiracy to commit wire fraud. This because their South African counterparts either had NO IDEA what was going on or because they were complicit in his ventures, did not arrest him sooner.

Reactions: OCP

Jan

Drifting in the black
Once again the headline is misleading. Perhaps it should have read . . .

Nigerian fraudster businessman Obinwanne Okeke, who working from offices in Sandton has been arrested by the FBI in the United States on charges of conspiracy to commit computer fraud and conspiracy to commit wire fraud. This because their South African counterparts either had NO IDEA what was going on or because they were complicit in his ventures, did not arrest him sooner.
Yikes. That's quite a headline. All that wouldn't even fit in a tweet!

Jan

Drifting in the black
Facebook has switched from www. to web. and no longer automatically redirects www. to web..
The correct url to use is web.facebook.com/BBCnewsafrica/videos/10156522409520229/

EDIT: Dammit man, then you want to embed it as a media string here too with no option to turn it off. lol
I honestly just used the iframe Facebook itself provides when you click on "Embed" in the video's menu. I can't reproduce the error at all. This is the code they give:

HTML:
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FBBCnewsafrica%2Fvideos%2F10156522409520229%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>
All I did was adjust the width and height.

Sollie

Expert Member
Perfect in Firefox, Opera & Chrome. Also Chrome on Android.