Item name : 12 x EVGA FTW GTX 1070 8GB
Age and condition: 2+ years - excellent condition
Do you include packaging: Yes
Warranty: Yes - remainder with supplier in Midrand
Reason for selling: ASIC miners
Price: R4000 R3900 each neg
Negotiable: Yes
Shipping or collection: Both

Cards in perfect working condition - all passed 3D benchmark and memory tests without any issues.

As with all GPUs on the market - cards were mined whilst it was still profitable

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions

Last edited:

JanvN

R4,000 for a 1070?! Or is it for all 12?
Price edited in case it wasn't clear enough.

Let me be clear - this is not an opinion thread, nor a space where "expert" congregate to discuss matters.

If you aren't interested, pass along. Not that difficult ;)

Daruk

Honorary Master
Price edited in case it wasn't clear enough.

Let me be clear - this is not an opinion thread, nor a space where "expert" congregate to discuss matters.

If you aren't interested, pass along. Not that difficult ;)
Asking Biometrics to exercise self control where an opportunity to troll crypto mining comes up is like asking Andy Capp to drink water at the pub.

JanvN

If used for mining the warranty is no longer valid?
Some suppliers claim this, but the supplier of these cards will honour the warranty. I have confirmed this, and have claimed warranty from them

Sl8er

Executive Member
Some suppliers claim this, but the supplier of these cards will honour the warranty. I have confirmed this, and have claimed warranty from them
How much of the warranty is left?

quovadis

Expert Member
how would they know?
Advertising the balance of the warranty negating to mention that the warranty is void based on the usage is a little dodgy. Whether the supplier is aware or not is irrelevant as the OP shouldn't advertise something they knowingly used in a manner which voided the manufacturers warranty and then expect that the buyer is willing to take the risk by not disclosing or misrepresenting this as part of a warranty claim.

quovadis

Expert Member
Please kindly contact the supplier and ask them to provide what you're stating in writing showing proof of you disclosing the use of such. I'm pretty sure that manufacturer's warranty terms trumps the supplier unless the supplier isn't returning the hardware and is a charity. I'm pretty sure EVGA would love to know.

JanvN

For anyone who is interested in buying a card I will provide proof of the warranty.

For everyone else - let me reiterate, this is not an opinion blog. I can share a link on how to get started with Wix/Wordpress if you want to be come a columnist :p.

Swa

Honorary Master
There's nothing in the rules prohibiting discussion. Only off-topic and price discussion. As was said the warrantee claims are dodgy without formal communication. Also CPA asks for a 6 month warrantee during which items must be replaceable or serviceable.

JanvN

There's nothing in the rules prohibiting discussion. Only off-topic and price discussion. As was said the warrantee claims are dodgy without formal communication. Also CPA asks for a 6 month warrantee during which items must be replaceable or serviceable.
There is nothing in the rules, but I was very clear about having essays of expert columnist from the start. Just as a FYI, the CPA would not apply to this. This is a person to person transaction where the "condition" of the goods are disclosed, and where the goods are sold as "voetstoots" - just like 99.99999999999999999999% of 2nd hand items being sold on MyBB.

In terms of warranty, should anyone have a warranty claim on one of these GPUs, I will personally assist.

Lets get back to the sale thread now can we?

Rabobi

Executive Member
There is nothing in the rules, but I was very clear about having essays of expert columnist from the start. Just as a FYI, the CPA would not apply to this. This is a person to person transaction where the "condition" of the goods are disclosed, and where the goods are sold as "voetstoots" - just like 99.99999999999999999999% of 2nd hand items being sold on MyBB.

In terms of warranty, should anyone have a warranty claim on one of these GPUs, I will personally assist.

Lets get back to the sale thread now can we?
This is very essay'ish. Just saying

quovadis

Expert Member
To be ethical the ad should state:
Warranty: Cards have been used for crypto mining thus manufacturers warranty is void but seller warrants that the distributor will honour the warranty.
OR
Warranty: Cards have been used for crypto thus manufacturers warranty is void. Warranty claims may be problematic. Seller will assist if possible. Sold voetstoets.

Reactions: Swa