[13/02/19] Eskom implements stage 3 loadshedding today.

DanDango

Executive Member
Two time for me too, 10:00 to 12:00 and 22:00 to 00:00.

Listening to the cricket is a BIG no this morning. :mad:

STS

Mafia Detective
Mine was supposed to go off already but power is still in, why and wtf?

Cr419

Executive Member
FY Eskom. I've got a shitload of work to finish and everything is dead. And now to add insult to injury my wife's laptop that I brought to work to use instead has now decided to go into an endless loop of restarts. This will be a wonderful day.

BlooDBatH

Power at home went off, at the Office still on, although both areas should be off. Yesterday Office was off and home not... Very confusing.

Chuckmyster

Executive Member
Mine was supposed to go off already but power is still in, why and wtf?
Oops, feel sorry for those outside cutting into the wires to get some extensions for free electricity.
I did hear that load shedding increases the chance of thieves cutting into power lines to run their own lines.

werny

Expert Member
Been running on generator since 2PM Yesterday at work, underground cable shorted and breaker f**cked due to load shedding, COCT taking their sweet time as usual to sort it out. :mad::confused:

koeks525

Expert Member
Does CoCT load shed Vredehoek? My apartment has not been hit with load shedding since the drama started on Sunday.

eg2505

Honorary Master
I love it when one can smell the diesel generators fumes in the morning!
their clattering noise is better than coffee I tell you.

Gordon_R

Executive Member
Does CoCT load shed Vredehoek? My apartment has not been hit with load shedding since the drama started on Sunday.
There are always exceptions to load shedding, particularly adjacent to National Key Points, Emergency Hospitals, Parliament, etc. Sometimes the CT CBD itself is spared, specifically to avoid rush-hour chaos...

Edit: Zone 7 in CT covers a large area including the CBD, Sea Point, Camps Bay and CT harbour: http://resource.capetown.gov.za/documentcentre/Documents/Maps and statistics/EG2014_02_Area07-s.pdf

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
There are always exceptions to load shedding, particularly adjacent to National Key Points, Emergency Hospitals, Parliament, etc. Sometimes the whole CT CBD is spared, specifically to avoid rush-hour chaos...
There is also failing infrastructure that causes certain areas not to be turned off when they should or when the municipality thinks they should be off...