13 exciting electric cars coming to SA next year — and what they will cost

Moosedrool

Executive Member
Now MyBB needs to do an article about how much more these new ones cost vs the manufacturers same/similar petrol vehicle and how long it will take to save on petrol (if that is the goal of the EV) for the standard 20 000km per year driver.

You can get a Toyota Hilux 2.8 G.D6 RB Raider for less than the cheapo mini cooper on that list.

The 1% working hard at saving the world from climate change. And judging others for not doing their part.

Aghori

Honorary Master

Imma get me one of these:

Audi RS e-tron GT​

• Engine power/torque: 440kW/830Nm
  • 0-100km/h: 3.3 seconds
  • Range: 433-472km
  • Price: R3,300,00 <-------

I've actually pre-ordered one for next year. They gave me a lot of "free" extras thrown in with the deal.

cueball

No mention anywhere how long it takes to charge up?
Insane cost aside, this is where it falls apart for me. Daily school runs and random local errand running are a non-issue. But we go on weekend holidays/camping 6-8 times a year clocking up minimum 400-800km per trip on average. Nothing has this range, and a lot of the time our destination is fairly remote. This will be for the 1% for at least a few more decades.

konfab

Honorary Master
Insane cost aside, this is where it falls apart for me. Daily school runs and random local errand running are a non-issue. But we go on weekend holidays/camping 6-8 times a year clocking up minimum 400-800km per trip on average. Nothing has this range, and a lot of the time our destination is fairly remote. This will be for the 1% for at least a few more decades.
Just put petrol generator in the trailer to charge it. :p