13 killed in KZN church collapse

Gordon_R

Executive Member
I didn't catch the late-night weather, but there were some huge storms along the KZN coast yesterday evening:

DNS75[20190418_2015].gif

Gordon_R

Executive Member
Reported on BBC News homepage: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-47987959
President Cyril Ramaphosa visited the church last year and some of the congregants reportedly asked for his support to build a new church.

Labour Minister Mildred Oliphant is a member of the church and was planning to attend the Good Friday service there.
Nutcases:
Local official Lennox Mabaso told SABC news that the church "a solid structure".

"It is an act of nature. It is an act of God. Not even a president could have been able to save this particular situation," he said.

"It was a heavy storm that affected this area."

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Sad for the people who lost their lives, and the families who now have to carry on with that void in their lives.

But if there really was a god...

LD50

No need, no shortage of snowflakes to do it for me :D
Look if you were a standup comedian and that was part of a bit, I would understand, but you're not. You're just an ahole with a keyboard.
Let us know when someone close to you die funny man. I'll crack a non-snowflake joke about that. Deal?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Look if you were a standup comedian and that was part of a bit, I would understand, but you're not. You're just an ahole with a keyboard.
Let us know when someone close to you die funny man. I'll crack a non-snowflake joke about that. Deal?
Make it a good one then.
Don't forget you've named yourself after a measurement of the lethality of poison.

Daruk

Honorary Master
I can't see clearly in the pictures what is it that collapsed. The roof and main structure is still standing. So maybe walls that was poorly built?
I doubt it's meant to be open to the outside so I'm assuming the wall facing the camera collapsed.