13 more deaths due to COVID-19 in South Africa

Jabulani22

Executive Member
Guys we need lvl 5 again , how many boomers with pre existing conditions and 80+ people need to die before you realise how deadly this virus is ?

Currantly

Expert Member
Guys we need lvl 5 again , how many boomers with pre existing conditions and 80+ people need to die before you realise how deadly this virus is ?

I honestly now believe that the main/only reason we went into a full lockdown was for 'ol hippo eyes to save himself & his allies & cohorts from the CCP-virus, or, at least, buy themselves some time.

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
I honestly now believe that the main/only reason we went into a full lockdown was for 'ol hippo eyes to save himself & his allies & cohorts from the CCP-virus, or, at least, buy themselves some time.
You sound like an anti vaxx'er. You cool bro'? f'ck really?

Jabulani22

Executive Member
Guys remember it spreads exponentially , no it hasnt done so for almost a month but it does i swear !
Lock it all down!
Wont somebody think of the old/preexisting conditioners ?

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
13 more deaths ...... ANC going to ban bananas next so we dont become a banana republic, and we all know you cant repeal a banana.

/dev/null

Expert Member
13 more deaths due to COVID-19 in South Africa

The Department of Health has announced that there are now 5,951 confirmed coronavirus cases in South Africa.

This is an increase of 304 cases over the figures reported yesterday.

Please post the curve, I want to see how far from flat it is. I also want to see which curve is being looked at, i.e. total number of cases over time or total new cases per day. The first one can only become flat if there are zero cases per day while the second one can become flat if there are 304 new cases each day for the next many days..

Currantly

Expert Member
You sound like an anti vaxx'er. You cool bro'? f'ck really?

I didn't say I was against any kind of lockdown. Clearly, a smart lockdown -full isolation those over the age of 60, those with known conditions & the immunocompromised would have been just as/more effective. It wouldn't have been easy, but it would have cost us much less than the brute force approach we're currently all suffering under.

Magnum

Executive Member
SA has a broken Health system. Hospitals were at over capsity from daily ailments before Covid came along. At their projected 80% single infection rate you are looking at 5 million+ deaths. This is before the 19 million AIDS cases are included or multiple infection rate. This is Covid alone. Not the newly discovered adverse effects from contracting the Virus.

Currantly

Expert Member
SA has a broken Health system. Hospitals were at over capsity from daily ailments before Covid came along.

Agreed, but whose fault is that?

At their projected 80% single infection rate you are looking at 5 million+ deaths.

8.6% death rate? Where'd you get that from?

This is before the 19 million AIDS cases are included or multiple infection rate.

Around 8 million living with HIV...they'll just have to either self-isolate, or take their chances; it is afterall all pretty much a 'lifestyle disease'. TB sufferers should be in isolation anaways.

This is Covid alone. Not the newly discovered adverse effects from contracting the Virus.

The rest of us will just have to take our chances...you can't lockdown the whole country (let alone the whole world) in perpetuity...

Magnum

Executive Member
Agreed, but whose fault is that?

8.6% death rate? Where'd you get that from?
We not just SA citizens her are we? We are carrying the whole southern Africa. The numbers are a little skewed.

markings

Expert Member
I have concluded that the number of deaths is irrelevant.
New cases, in hospital, in ICU, on ventilators, and recovered are the important ones.
Edit: and the number of tests.

Last edited:

Fuzzbox

Expert Member
What everybody seems to forget GOVERNMENT gets to spend R500 BILLION with almost no strings attached.

How much LOOTING of this money will occur.
Almost no questions asked.

LetsDance

All of this is futile - everyone will eventually be exposed to this virus, it is inevitable. What is important is that the very fragile keep themselves protected.

Nemus

Expert Member
The spike is due to dogs being outside again! Lock them down!!!!

Polymathic

Honorary Master
The lockdown makes more sense for South Africa than most other nations due to the number of people with HIV and TB

reactor_sa

Executive Member
The spike is due to dogs being outside again! Lock them down!!!!
Beating a dead horse.
Government can't lockdown townships and let the dog walkers loose, same rules have to apply to everyone.