[14/02/19] Eskom will implement Stage 2 rotational loadshedding from 08h00 until 22h00 on Thursday

Gordon_R

Executive Member
You know the power situation is bad when Eskom announce Stage 2 the night before. It means there is little hope of getting those units back online anytime soon.

There is a possibility that they are 'managing expectations' and providing a safety buffer, but more likely that the situation is marginal/critical and could get worse if more than one or two units trip, and they have to bring peaking-power online earlier in the day.

I (sometimes) feel sorry for the poor sods who have to 'plan' all the peak-loads, pumped-storage and other contingencies, without getting much credit...

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
You know the power situation is bad when Eskom announce Stage 2 the night before. It means there is little hope of getting those units back online anytime soon.
They’ve been announcing it early for a few days now. I suppose it’s based on what they have/haven’t fixed at that stage.

bratwurst

Expert Member
How are the time tables created for load shedding?
Do they cycle weekly per area?
To me it seems some areas have less load shedding than others.

DanDango

Executive Member
How are the time tables created for load shedding?
Do they cycle weekly per area?
To me it seems some areas have less load shedding than others.
Ethekwini's time table is correct. The Municipality creates the schedule.

Craig

Honorary Master
I'll be off twice today, 8h00 to 10h30 and then again from 16h00. Viva ANC viva.

Craig

Honorary Master
No shedding today at work. Crap sakes. A full working day.
Well, I get 5 hours today. Meaning I will have to spend most of my Saturday at work as we had load shedding yesterday, and we will have tomorrow as well. Saturday it's scheduled for 10am which means my team will have to start at fcking 6am. My whole weekend is now fcked, wife said she's going to her parents for the weekend since I'll just be at work the whole time anyway.

Thank you Eskom execs and ANC, I hope your anus's fall out. Cnts.

Iamnotageek

Expert Member
Well, I get 5 hours today. Meaning I will have to spend most of my Saturday at work as we had load shedding yesterday, and we will have tomorrow as well. Saturday it's scheduled for 10am which means my team will have to start at fcking 6am. My whole weekend is now fcked, wife said she's going to her parents for the weekend since I'll just be at work the whole time anyway.

Thank you Eskom execs and ANC, I hope your anus's fall out. Cnts.
Ja that sucks my bru. Whole weekend messed up. Ai tog. I need my weekends. If I don't have my weekends then the week following that is just a total disaster because you haven't rested.

Happy Days

It's Valentino's day - light them candles - impress the significant other with your romantical tendencies.