""15GB/day"" @ R199/month Offer (telemarketing fail)

ld13

Honorary Master
So our existing cellc contract is coming to an end and the retentions department phoned us on Friday to offer us a 15GB/month package for the same price. Since the expiring contract was being used by the parentals the idea was to get them a slightly bigger package. But the MTN/Vodacom offer was better, and I told the agent as much. It is at this point that the things took a turn as the agent went off script and told me how cellc could offer me something better...

Cellc can supposedly offer me 15+15GB/day for R199/month!

I told the agent that I think he has his facts wrong. But the bugger was adamant! He went on how (I am paraphrasing here) he has been working for cellc for a long time and that he is a one of the best agents there in the cellc call centre and he is sure of his facts. I asked him, again, to check.

Long story short, he will phone back - I am still waiting.

@Cell_C How do I go about taking up the 15+15GB/day that was offered to us? It is all recorded, so I assume it would not be an issue?

Draconia2

Expert Member
:unsure: I had to reread it, thought I was dreaming.

lmao 15 per day.... hmmm with the 100gb im using, I got about 2-3gb a day (I save up for rainy days when I need it more)

best agent 10/10 deserves a raise

airborne

Honorary Master
15gb per day at R199/pm, never. Even the most top tier retentions dept won't have a deal like that up their sleeves.

Agent47

Definitely following this - sounds perfect for my in car data requirements while chilling in traffic

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
So our existing cellc contract is coming to an end and the retentions department phoned us on Friday to offer us a 15GB/month package for the same price. Since the expiring contract was being used by the parentals the idea was to get them a slightly bigger package. But the MTN/Vodacom offer was better, and I told the agent as much. It is at this point that the things took a turn as the agent went off script and told me how cellc could offer me something better...

Cellc can supposedly offer me 15+15GB/day for R199/month!

I told the agent that I think he has his facts wrong. But the bugger was adamant! He went on how (I am paraphrasing here) he has been working for cellc for a long time and that he is a one of the best agents there in the cellc call centre and he is sure of his facts. I asked him, again, to check.

Long story short, he will phone back - I am still waiting.

@Cell_C How do I go about taking up the 15+15GB/day that was offered to us? It is all recorded, so I assume it would not be an issue?

Hi There

Please PM us the number you would have received the call on as we need to listen to the call recording. We do not have deals that offer you data per day.

^NS

ld13

Honorary Master
Hi There

Please PM us the number you would have received the call on as we need to listen to the call recording. We do not have deals that offer you data per day.

^NS

You will have a PM in mere minutes.

Edit:
@Cell_C - you have PM. I suspect the agent got confused with the whole daytime vs night time data allowance and in a moment of weakness interpreted daytime usage as "data you get every day". Like I told him - "back to the drawing board" with that interpretation.

Last edited:

Draconia2

Expert Member
Hi There

^NS

Still waiting for a tech to call me. As promised last night by the call centre

gamer16

Honorary Master
Still waiting for a tech to call me. As promised last night by the call centre

Is it true that these guys aren't allowed to put the phone down first? So if I phone them after a few too many glasses of wine they have to listen to my stories?

Or is that just telemarketers

Draconia2

Expert Member
Is it true that these guys aren't allowed to put the phone down first? So if I phone them after a few too many glasses of wine they have to listen to my stories?

Or is that just telemarketers

Haha idk about that but sounds a good plan hahahahah