1TB flash drive in SA - R14,000

saor

Honorary Master
That's a lot of money for one of those things that are so easy to lose :). I've got no need for that kinda temp storage between my pc's.

Electric

Honorary Master
That's a lot of money for one of those things that are so easy to lose :). I've got no need for that kinda temp storage between my pc's.

And then it stops working.

Also, it's hardly temp storage when the data takes ages to copy.

Purply

Expert Member
Haven't bought any flash drives in a while, but aren't they rather slow? I mean, how long will it take to copy over 1TB of data onto a flash drive???

Double B

And then windows decides (for no apparent reason) that it's still busy with your flash drive when you remove it from your PC. Bye bye R14000. I've lost way too many flash drives that way.

Ubuntu FTW ;-)

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
You'll be really annoyed if you lose that thing.

dark_jeff

Haven't bought any flash drives in a while, but aren't they rather slow? I mean, how long will it take to copy over 1TB of data onto a flash drive???

If you had read the article you would know that its Read/write are 240/160 MB/s, which is almost as fast as some SSD and certainly faster than a HDD

Electric

Honorary Master
If you had read the article you would know that its Read/write are 240/160 MB/s, which is almost as fast as some SSD and certainly faster than a HDD

It's a TB of data.
Even on an ssd that takes loads of time.
And then considering the price, I'd easily go ssd.

Bosvark@

Expert Member
At that price I hope it comes with its own generator as there is no stable power to supply it...

Eishkom

pezulu

Expert Member

You are still limited by the USB capability of your PC.

das Toktokken

Honorary Master
And then windows decides (for no apparent reason) that it's still busy with your flash drive when you remove it from your PC. Bye bye R14000. I've lost way too many flash drives that way.
Lost flash drives or lost data?

IMO these will be purchased with our tax money along with Johnny Walker Blue.