2 Fraudulent Telkom Accounts - Double debits and debt collectors

gakiem

2 Fraudulent accounts were opened using my name.

I went to a Telkom store 3 times to report it as fraud, after a debit order was deducted from my bank account.

After my 1st visit to the Store, they only opened a case and assured me someone would call to rectify the problem - Nobody called me.

Then a 2nd visit to the store I was informed the case is still open – nothing was done. Now they request affidavit, my Bank statement and proof of address.

On my 3rd visit I took an affidavit, my Bank statement and proof of address. Now I have to wait while they investigate.

I did not open any new contracts or request any services from Telkom.

1st debit order:
  • Went off on New year’s – 1 January 2021
  • I couldn’t do anything about it until after the long weekend.

2nd debit order:
  • Another debit order went off my account, this time from Telkom Debt Collectors.

When will this be investigated and resolved?

Last edited:

ShaunyCT

Go onto your banking app to reverse those debit orders or visit your bank asap

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Did they give you their fraud department numbers? If not ask for them and phone every week to ask for progress.

In the meanwhile, reverse the debit orders, it will help your cause, they will all asking you about the unpaid accounts and you will refer them to your case with their fraud department.

You might want to get your updated credit report to see what else did the fraudsters get up to, I doubt it is only the Telkom accounts, act fast and if you find anything untoward call the company and sort it out.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
What pizzes me off is how useless most of the people are in issuing accounts.

They will not even question any documents or verify the validity of them.

Perhaps in alot of cases they involved

gakiem

Thank You

I will reverse the debit order.

I have written a complaint on the Telkom website about all the fraudulent accounts.

Then the Telkom fraud department sent me an email from, 180@telkom.co.za.
Saying they are still investigating.
They said I can respond to the same email.

Last edited:

solomontshepo

I am in the same boat with Telkom. No help whatsover. I am paying for 2 contracts i did not sign up for and I being sent from pillar to post. I am told the only communicate via email and they do not have a number i can contact. Meanwhile its 3 months that my account is being debited. I feel so helpless and lost

gakiem

Have you tried getting the bank to reverse the debit orders?
And put a stop order on it, then they can't deduct any more money.
However, there is a cost to reverse and stop debit orders.

Send an email every day to ask for progress update.
When this is eventually resolved, Take a Bank statement to Telkom and tell them to reimburse you for all deductions and bank charges related to the fraudulent deductions.

gblair

Same happened to me in November last year !!!! Submitted affidavit and documents that they requested but still no resolution or in fact any feedback from Telkom Fraud department. Sending emails to 180@telkom.co.za you get a standard reply that there is no timeline to close the investigation. In the meantime debit order go off my account( I reverse them) and I was even contacted by a debt collector for non payment of the bill !!!

I keep asking for a contact number or email directly to the fraud department, but no one bothers to reply. Utterly useless Telkom