• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

2 NEW Sim Cards - Do i have to RICA ??

Nardeth

Hello Everyone

i just Bought 2 Brand New Sim Cards from a Pakistani/Bangladesh Shop It's a Small Shop for Convenience. MTN Sim Card And CELL C, My Question is Do i have to RICA it ?? or do i just load airtime And Convert to Data ??. i want to Test Both Networks on my Huawei B315 since people have said they Get Better speeds and Signal after the Update. ;)

Thank you

animehero

they didnt ask for ID or Proof of residence.
I mean they had it registered to somebody else before you bought it...if it works that is.
You can buy sim cards from PEP etc without needing to Rica on the spot,but the sim wont work without you doing so first

Nardeth

i am going to Put the 2 Sim Cards into my HUAWEI B315 because the Router does SSD like a phone. wish me luck

3WA

Expert Member
they didnt ask for ID or Proof of residence.
They often don't, and that's not just Pakistani/Bangladeshi shops. I bought a SIM from a Vodastore in a fancy mall, pre-RICAed with someone else's details. When I offered them my proof of address, they laughed.

This is why RICA is the biggest load of rubbish on the planet.

Nardeth

They often don't, and that's not just Pakistani/Bangladeshi shops. I bought a SIM from a Vodastore in a fancy mall, pre-RICAed with someone else's details. When I offered them my proof of address, they laughed.

This is why RICA is the biggest load of rubbish on the planet.
The MTN Sim Automatically Forces the Router to 3G and the APN is auto Applied so i cant connect to MTN site Obviously it needs to be RICA'd and i cant connect to 4G with the MTN SIM OBVIOUSLY theres LTE Coverage right over me :)

Nardeth

the Cell C SIM Works 100% i connected to http://www.cellc.co.za and i get 5 Bars on Cell C LTE ;)
then i have put my Telkom Sim back in and the router is on 4G Only NOT 1800MhZ or 2300MHZ i do a speedtest with TelkomInternet APN and i get 1ms ping to Cape Town MWEB connect *MINDBLOWN*