2 x year warranty not being honoured by Ryobi / Stevens & Co. (Pty) Ltd

Recruitsmiths

Am pretty concise in my dealings...time, appointments...names of people I speak to you, etc.
Further more, I took it in on the 5th Jan, 1st workday from holidays...so there was limited staff and the guy I spoke to was the one who booked it in.
Plus the place was pretty quiet...in terms of clients in the shop. Mine must have been amongst the first few to be booked in the new year.
Why tell me 7 to 10 days, it will be ready for collection when 3 weeks later it has not even been looked at?
They only responded with a quote after I inquired (via mail) if the unit was ready for collection, that too, a few days later...

desiganp

Am pretty concise in my dealings...time, appointments...names of people I speak to you, etc..
If you live your life holding other people to your own standards, you will live a very angry/unhappy life.

By no means should you accept sub-standard service, but if you react angrily they won't want to assist you or deliberately delay in assisting you (even if they are the ones at fault).

Give them a reasonable chance (or two) to rectify their error - when that fails by all means get angry - but the best solution is to be a bit more patient and calm in your approach. Once the unit is back in your hands repaired, then you can go all out and complain to Head Office etc as to why they made you wait without communication etc.

Edit : Few years I took in a generator out of warranty to them, also had to follow up etc. At the end of it, I persisted calmly and because of my approach they ended up replacing the generator with a new one - no charge. They couldn't repair the old one.

Last edited:

Zulu 083

I also came across that problem with game store in pietermarizburg the brush cutter is 3 months old but it needs a lot of repairs line treamer, gusket, piston, spark plug, cylinder they said all that is not covered under warranty

Magnum

Expert Member
I also came across that problem with game store in pietermarizburg the brush cutter is 3 months old but it needs a lot of repairs line treamer, gusket, piston, spark plug, cylinder they said all that is not covered under warranty
Then it is a crap product. Listers lasts decades before overhaul. 3 months is not industry standard.

Moereloos

Bought my son (an apprentice diesel mechanic) a Ryobi cordless impact wrench for Christmas last year. By March it wasn't working any more so I took it back to Chamberlains where we bought it, Two month later and have not heard back from them as yet.