200 shopping malls looted, and an estimated R2 billion lost: has Ramaphosa made a mistake?

rietrot

Honorary Master
All the videos I saw on social media and it seems the Indian community has more balls than the rest of SA. They fcked up the looters good and proper. And not a single video I saw, SAPS did a thing. It was private security companies.

And the government has the fcking audacity and gall to want to take away our right to firearms as a means of self defense.
Some of the other communities have learned not to post evidence of themselves dealing with criminals online because the government would go to extraordinary measures(including lying, and fabricating evidence) to prosecute the "racist"

Vorastra

Executive Member
Do all insurance companies pay out for riots? I thought riots was an additional cost.
I know it is on vehicles, or it use to be, cant remember now
Your insurance will pay over a portion to SASRIA for cover, terms and conditions apply but it covers riots.
Outsurance Business cover, literally at the beginning of the document under exceptions.

General exceptions
1. War, riot and terrorism
This policy does not cover any legal liability, loss of or damage to property directly or indirectly caused by:
i. civil commotion, labour disturbances or public disorder or attempt thereat;
ii. war, or war-like acts or attempt thereat;
iii. military uprisings, usurped power, rebellion or revolution or attempt thereat; or
iv. any act or attempt of terrorism by any person or group, whether acting alone or under instruction.

So...do they actually cover riots?

Paul Kemp

Expert Member
Outsurance Business cover, literally at the beginning of the document under exceptions.

So...do they actually cover riots?
No idea on business cover but I checked my personal insurance policy yesterday and it said it covers riots through sasria. Don’t have the exact wording and it’s untested obviously.

Edit to add screenshot:
0A7C496C-7B38-450E-A107-E86F539908F1.jpeg

lunch

Watched a news clip this morning where they listed exclusions for insurance - riots are not usually excluded. Will see if I can find the clip
edit:

Paul_S

Expert Member
I would imagine most homeowners policies include SASRIA.

Most banks will refuse to issue a home loan without proof of SASRIA cover in the HOC (Home Owners Cover) insurance policy.
If SASRIA is anything like the RAF or UIF systems then good luck getting money when you claim.

Edit:
It looks like we'll all be screwed if your business property our home is burned to the ground due to riots and everyone tries claiming. Only R2 billion in cash reserves and R8.5 billion in investments.

For the 12 months to 31 March 2020, Sasria had cash on hand amounting to R4.25-billion, which has since reduced to R2-billion as the company has to fund its operations. Sasria also had investments worth R8.5-billion (valuation as of 31 March 2020) in listed shares, money market instruments and bonds.

Last edited:

Smd

Anyone else buying usdt or changing their Zar to USD. Rand/Dollar has already had a 4% change this past 2 days

*SynergyX*

Expert Member
anybody know where they gonna plug in those fridges and TVs?
or is the 2nd hand market going to boom in the next 2 weeks?

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
Just heard a voice note doing the rounds, maybe BS, but it has some substance based on certain happenings.

The message said this whole protest is a coup attempt by the EFF to eventually force Ramaphosa to resign. People that have spoken to protestors have all reported similar stories from them like "we are hungry", which raises the view that it is a carefully orchestrated campaign and that they are being told what to say.

Malema's behavior since the start of 2021 has been odd, I've questioned his mental state in many of my posts but this could be a alternative explanation.

There is something fishy and more will eventually be revealed. I'm sure people from within will eventually have second thoughts and may sell them out if this is true.

The explicit bot activity also raises suspicions that the EFF are involved in this. There was a concerted effort by bots to have the word "Indians" trending since last night.