2008 1.3 Daishatsu Sirion or 2006 Ford Fiesta

korupta

Howsit Guys

Looking too get my first car and looking at a budget around 60k.
What car would you guys suggest between the Daihatsu and Ford,All things considered.
Taking into account that I love cars but am not very mechanically minded as
well as the cost factor ranging to maintenance,fuel,insurance,resale.Oh yes I'm in Durbs if you guys care to suggest any viable deals.

Thanks,Hope to hear from you guys!

bromster

Executive Member
Fiesta. No contest. It will hold its value and will be cheaper to get parts/service. You looking at the 1.6?

mr_norris

Expert Member
The Sirion is the bigger car inside, the fiesta is cramped. Parts are not so great, but availability of aftermarket parts has shot up since I had mine.

Personally I'd test drive them both before coming to a decision.

korupta

How much better would the polo work out in terms of Maintenance cost and resale value..Is it worth the extra initial cost?

Debeer165

Expert Member
Polo would have higher insurance, resale, and the maintenance could also likely be higher.

The Ibiza would be fun as hell though, great cars

Debeer165

Expert Member
Bugger all resale value though...

Which is why you can get what is basically a polo GTI for the price of a sirion. Buy low resale cars secondhand for cheap and keep them for a while, sell to family or friends later on. Volvo's would also fall into this category, as they go from 450 to 300 in a year, if not lower.

FuLL_MeT4L

Expert Member
I have owned a Fiesta 2006 1.4 for 3 years now.

Affordable in terms of fuel, parts, and maintenance; and it drives very nicely. I'd recommend it.