2011 Currie Cup Thread - that other game starting soon...

Devill

Damned
Yeah. With such big pools it really takes more than luck to end top. You will need to pick right to stay top.

@Devill. Botha will only be officially named captain later today at a press conference, but we can reliably confirm it will be him.

Nice on the inside scoop. I did finish under the top 2% on the global leaderboard in the S15 but granted the teams in the CC are a much bigger surprise :D

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
There will be prizes for the top finishers, so pick with your head and not your heart.

Easier said than done. Three of the weekend's four games are an easy call. It is that super derby Sharks Bulls that has me.

Sharks have lost quite a bit of depth to the touring squad (16 players I think it is) and BULLS are still hurting from S15 final game. So, who to call? I have given the BULLS a marginal win by heart, because my head says this thing can go either way. I am still very annoyed that this crucial away game is at a time when I cannot go. It is one of my favourite road trips. Actually, make that the number one.

Looks like my only away game I can attend is the Vrystaat one. God willing.

killadoob

Honorary Master
Lions should score a few upsets this year but I cannot see them making the semis on current form.

If they don't i fear there is literally no hope, seriously if you cannot beat teams without their stars then the future looks very grim indeed.

Devill

Damned
Ok I have made my picks on Superbru, I do not at all feel confident.

Maybe this will bring me back to reading a bit more about the CC :D

APoc184

Honorary Master
Just made my picks now.

Pretty confident about the winners but really not sure about the margins.

Devill

Damned
Just made my picks now.

Pretty confident about the winners but really not sure about the margins.

Haha, well the bulls vs sharks game is a tough one, bu I agree margins are bloody hard to call with any confidence.

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Haha, well the bulls vs sharks game is a tough one, bu I agree margins are bloody hard to call with any confidence.

Yes - in Rugby15 most sharkies are calling for themselves and most BULLS are calling for us.

Devill

Damned
Yes - in Rugby15 most sharkies are calling for themselves and most BULLS are calling for us.

Yeah I must say it also does not help that they have a great record at loftus and we have a great record in the shark tank.... You might just as well flip a coin :p

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Argh! I really expected the resurgent lions we saw in a few classic and close performances in the S15 this year would be past the pumas by now. Thankfully the weather (I am not a winter person) kept me from going to the game.

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Okay, I know I have had a few beers (only on my forth for the evening) but did the Pumas change shirts from RED to BLACK at half time?

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Worsened Problems vs Griquas going the same way.

Where is the FS game?

APoc184

Honorary Master
Griquas are always going to be difficult to beat in the CC.

Cheetahs game not on TV. You can catch Live updates on our Twitter account or on www.rugby15.co.za/livescores.

Cheetahs leading 35-7 at the moment.

MickeyD

RIP
Have you tried the streaming on a 384 line? Not watching is better than that crap
Hehehe - am on a 1024 ADSL line but it is perfect on my 8ta connection. Wife is unhappy... WP game on my PC monitor, Chelsea game on the main TV and Cheetahs on my notebook!

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Hehehe - am on a 1024 ADSL line but it is perfect on my 8ta connection. Wife is unhappy... WP game on my PC monitor, Chelsea game on the main TV and Cheetahs on my notebook!

As Aretha Franklin said...

RESPECT dude. RESPECT!

I do think you, me and Apoc are the last remaining CC fans :(