2011 Ford Figo 1.4 Trend Buying Advice

dyllindd

Good Day Everyone,

I am currently considering a 2011 Ford Figo 1.4 Trend as a second car for myself as the CLK 500 is a bit heavy on the wallet in terms of fuel.

Vehicle Details as Follows:
Colour: Red
2011 Ford Figo 1.4 Trend
108000km
R80000 incl VAT

Vehicle is currently at CMH Randburg

Questions:
- What fuel consumption does the Figo usually average in town. (Some owners report high consumption while others report low consumption).
- What potential problems should I be looking out for?
- The driver side headlight has moisture in it, could this indicate accident damage? (Passenger fog light is brown).
- Is the cambelt service a DIY job?

I am quite knowledgeable with regards to engines and have been able to maintain the CLK 500 without much effort.

Link to the website: https://cmhford.co.za/car/2011-ford-figo-1-4-trend-51usd85371/

supersunbird

Honorary Master
- What fuel consumption does the Figo usually average in town. (Some owners report high consumption while others report low consumption).
When I have done calculations I get about 7.5 to 8l/100km for town traffic. 110km/h highway cruising, more like 6.7l/100km

I've not had much besides the clutch going at around 70 000, but then again I rode the clutch a lot sitting in Midrand/Sandton peak highway traffic. Fuses once. That's about it besides tyres, battery and shocks.

- The driver side headlight has moisture in it, could this indicate accident damage? (Passenger fog light is brown).
Cant help with that

I rather paid the R3500 added with my service, and spent the time doing other things.

GlassMirror

Expert Member
I also own a Figo and to add to @supersunbird

Well I get about 8l to 8.5l/100km that could be due to my particular Figo being the Cape dealer special Novelsport editions (cosmetic and minor mechanical mods)

There's 2 recalls out for this car between the 2011 and 2015 model years, one is for the PAS (Power Steering) lines and the second for Rear Twist Beam bolt replacement. Check that both these have been done. Other than that it's been my most reliable car to date, it just goes and goes. No issues whatsoever even when the dealership I bought it from forgot to service it at 60 000km it drove on for another 15 000km after that without issue.

Check the VIN at Ford and ask the dealer you're buying from if it was in an accident.

I paid the dealer and actually got quoted a lekker price of just over R4 000. Most independent workshops wanted close to R6 000 actually.

dyllindd

So, I went to view the vehicle today and requested a quote. Once again hit with the infamous "service and delivery" charges. What I don't understand is what is included in the service in the delivery charges if the number plates and permit is charged for seperately. Also I have no idea what the "2 in 1" line item means. Any suggestions are appreciated. I have also asked the dealer to provide me an explanation of the "2 in 1" item and a breakdown of the "service and delivery" charges.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190111-184750_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20190111-184750_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    575.8 KB · Views: 25

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Way too many fees, tell them reduce it all the fees 3k max(total) otherwise you take your business somewhere else.

tRoN

Executive Member
Wait. I think I missed something here.
You moving from a Mercedes CLK 500 to a Ford figo?? Seriously radical downgrade bru

Last edited:

dyllindd

Wait. I think I missed something here.
You moving from a Mercedes CLK 500 to a Ford figo?? Seriously radical downgrade bru
I am still keeping the CLK for the weekends. Figo will be used as a daily runaround.

dyllindd

As soon as I enquired on the fees, I was told that the vehicle had been placed on hold for a cash buyer. @admins, please close this thread.

Pitbull

Verboten
Good Day Everyone,

I am currently considering a 2011 Ford Figo 1.4 Trend as a second car for myself as the CLK 500 is a bit heavy on the wallet in terms of fuel.

Vehicle Details as Follows:
Colour: Red
2011 Ford Figo 1.4 Trend
108000km
R80000 incl VAT

Vehicle is currently at CMH Randburg

Questions:

I am quite knowledgeable with regards to engines and have been able to maintain the CLK 500 without much effort.

Link to the website: https://cmhford.co.za/car/2011-ford-figo-1-4-trend-51usd85371/

Owned, one. They not that light on fuel!

Very good car, as a run around. If you need a run around it's perfect, I would just maybe look at something else if you want fuel economy. The Figo seriously isn't that light. It's a Duratec engine .