2011 MyBroadband Conference registrations now open

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Will probably just be a big MWEB advertising campaign like MYBB has turned into lately.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
When do we get this in Cape Town?!
Cape Town is challenging because we are based in Gauteng, and it is not an easy thing to organize. Most of the speakers are from Gauteng as well, which means a lot of flights etc.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Will probably just be a big MWEB advertising campaign like MYBB has turned into lately.
I should really keep abreast of the latest changes as I was still under the impression we were in Vodacom’s pocket ;) Just joking of course… You will notice all the big players are there, and it is always a great event. Great speakers, free food and drinks (thanks Vodacom), great delegates :)

BeVonk!

Executive Member
Cape Town is challenging because we are based in Gauteng, and it is not an easy thing to organize. Most of the speakers are from Gauteng as well, which means a lot of flights etc.
Jannie and Rudi Jansen (last time I saw him) is based in Cape Town. Jannie will gladly make his house available ... LOL!

CTICC is ideal. You guys up there need the fresh air and the feeling of freedom from those "lemmetjiesdraad" houses. Plenty of support down here and we here will help make it happen.

Last edited:

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Whoo Hooo, I am so there! :D

Then why are you still here? :confused:
If you had ever been to one of these conferences, you would know two amazing facts....
1) That one of the advertisers picks up almost the entire cost of the conference (venue, catering, etc.) That is no small feat, and the quality of the food and conference facilities are out of this world!
2) That the advertiser who sponsors most of the conference is often grilled very heavily at the conference itself, but manages to take it in stride and is not put out that it is being criticised at the very conference which it has sponsored. Kudos to them for being big sports about it.

... and no.. it is not Mweb.

kimbo

Expert Member
rpm .. for us in the "plateland" will the conference be streamed again?

rpm

Admin
Staff member
rpm .. for us in the "plateland" will the conference be streamed again?
Definitely - Mindset Learn is our media partner, and it will be streamed live and may even appear on DStv at a later stage like last year ;)

Grep

well done to rpm to organize almost all the big players! I have never been to a meetup that big but I hope they open the discussion to the floor and allow forumites to voice their opinion.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Cool. Gonna register and see if I can perhaps take the day off to attend the actual conference instead of just going to raid the Vodacom bar after work like last year :)