2011 - The year of the tablet

WAJeff

Web Africa Representative
Can't wait for the Blackberry PlayBook to be released :D

eltherza

Expert Member
Not having a camera in the iPad now looks to be a major oversight.

Not having a camera in the iPad now looks to be a major selling point for the iPad2.

atlas3686

Ya thats apple's marketing strategy in a nutshell, leave a feature out that everyone else already has and then ad it in the next version as a amazing selling point! Notion ink wasn't mentioned, their Adam is certainly worth taking a look at if you are interested in a tablet. Nvidia tegra dual core inside, sd card, HDMI, USB, pixel Qi. Going to be a great tablet and at a great price. Should be available just after CES.

WAJeff

Web Africa Representative

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
2009 sure, but calling 2010 the year of the netbook is a stretch of the imagination.

Shayd

Expert Member
2010 is more the year of the smartphone... the numbers really ramped up this year

DominionZA

Executive Member
Huh? States that Gingerbread has not been released. Was released last month and already ported to a number of devices that did not have native support. Even running it on my HD2. Hmmm....

As for tablet PC's. I love them. Bought 3 FlyTouch 2's for myself and my 2 daughters for XMas, a Cortex A8 8" for myself and just ordered (yesterday) a Cortex 8" 512MB from Pandawill with a capacitive screen. And for a fraction of the price of the mainstream brands. My latest (The 8" capacitive) was only $200. No need to spend large sums of cash to get these awesome devices.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
I recently got my Galaxy Tab and it is awsome!

Sadly I haven't seen any of the tabs in person :eek: ... would like to see the Samsung Galaxy Tab though. Mate of mine (trust his judgement in most things tech) has seen the Tab and was quite complementary of it.