2014 VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line

Neuk_

Executive Member
I was never going to keep my 2015 VW Golf R indefinitely despite it being practical for myself as a daily drive and being so much fun to drive. I have been looking at various replacements for a while now, from Tiguan's to Q3's to Amarok's to Q5's to Q7's but have always been a fan of the MkII Touareg R-Line with the 3.0 V6 TDi engine. I looked at a number of Touareg's, R-Line and non R-Line, even one with Terrain Tech (4XMotion) before I came across a white 2014 VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line at a Volvo dealership when I went to look at a non R-Line. It was over what I wanted to spend but took it for a test drive and that was pretty much that, negotiated the price, arranged finance, insurance, etc. and picked her up last Friday after being Carlos for nearly two weeks...

5cd70451494ba7ce1b2a99530c75c24e.jpg

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Nice man! Enjoy.

Give us a rundown of the extras perhaps.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Nice ride, when is the mods coming? :p

Stage 2 + downpipe and she will pull like freight train!

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Neuk, I really thought you were a lekker oke but now I see you went and replaced your VW with another VW. I think you are going to my ignore list for that :p

Only kidding, congrats on the new ride and may it bring you many smiles!

marco79

Expert Member
Congrats on the new ride. The 3.0TDi V6 is one of the cars on my bucket list of cars to own. This ad made me fall in love with the Touregs.

I drove my cousins 2011 Toureg recently and couldn't believe how smooth the drive was.

Neuk_

Executive Member
Thanks again all ;)

No modifications planned for now, I am just going to use her, do regular maintenance and save up for a weekend car. I am not sure what happened with my pictures, I uploaded using Tapatalk?

@PhireSide - You will be glad to know that my other VW's are also VW's :ROFL:

Neuk_

Executive Member
There has been literally nothing to report with the Touareg, she just keeps on going and going and going and going but this last week Monday (23/03/2020) her Check Brake light came on which I have been expecting for a while now. Right on time for the lock down as she is just sitting in the garage until we head out for a doctors appointment on Monday morning. She is around 6000km's/3 months away from her next service so I will have to do the brakes before then but it isn't urgent or even possible at the moment.