2017 Mazda CX-5 (Gen 2)

AsteriskUser

Do that, dealers lie all the time about such things.

It's a front wheel drive car, therefore it's front biased as far as weight is concerned, that's why the rear brakes and discs are usually smaller than the front. It will be have EBD and brake assist so the rear brakes are also more active than in any normal car without EBD but that is still no reason for them to wear faster as the front brakes will always be the ones doing most of the work.

That’s how I’ve always understood it

jbarker

Has anyone encountered this notification at random?

Recently bought a CX-5 2.2 Diesel Akera at 37 000km with full service history from Mazda. The vehicle was last serviced at 28 000km and the next service is due at 45 000km.
Whilst driving this weekend this notification came up, is it something to be concerned about? Does this vehicle require additional oil changes between services?
Any advice would be appreciated!
d12164c841f495f212684c56bd636a0c.jpg

unobeat

Not sure
Don't the diesel models needs oil changes every 10 000km ?

Maybe the dealership set the pil service interval to 10k km.

Best is to contact the dealership that did the service.

AsteriskUser

Has anyone encountered this notification at random?

Recently bought a CX-5 2.2 Diesel Akera at 37 000km with full service history from Mazda. The vehicle was last serviced at 28 000km and the next service is due at 45 000km.
Whilst driving this weekend this notification came up, is it something to be concerned about? Does this vehicle require additional oil changes between services?
Any advice would be appreciated!
d12164c841f495f212684c56bd636a0c.jpg

Nothing to worry about, the issue is that the diesels we get here are the Japanese or uk ones, can’t remember but basically instead of 15k intervals it’s set to 10k intervals, you can either take it past the dealership to have them reset that error or you can try to do it in the mazda connect maintenance menu, or, as I have had to do a few times, you have to do a specific sequence, you have to while the car is off, press and hold the trip button (same one you adjust the dash lights with) and then press the start button with your foot off the brake once, only once so it’s in the first mode, you have to keep your finger on the trip button the whole time for about 5-10 sec after turning the car on, you should see a warning light like an orange light pop up on the dash when it starts flashing you can release the trip button. That should help :) sorry it’s not explained very well

jbarker

Nothing to worry about, the issue is that the diesels we get here are the Japanese or uk ones, can’t remember but basically instead of 15k intervals it’s set to 10k intervals, you can either take it past the dealership to have them reset that error or you can try to do it in the mazda connect maintenance menu, or, as I have had to do a few times, you have to do a specific sequence, you have to while the car is off, press and hold the trip button (same one you adjust the dash lights with) and then press the start button with your foot off the brake once, only once so it’s in the first mode, you have to keep your finger on the trip button the whole time for about 5-10 sec after turning the car on, you should see a warning light like an orange light pop up on the dash when it starts flashing you can release the trip button. That should help :) sorry it’s not explained very well
Thanks for the advice, I contacted Mazda and they said something similar - going to let them do the reset since its still under maintenance plan but I appreciate the explanation :laugh:

unobeat

*Update on LHS mirror Actuator *

So Friday i took the car in to Tip Top tyres Hatfield branch but they struggled to get it fixed and they had booked a back up appointment with Mazda to assist.

The Mirror actuator got replaced and Mazda reported back that the RHS needs to be replaced too as it is malfunctioning.

So got a quote from TIP TOP TYRES HATFIELD which i have submitted to AA Warranties for approval so that it can get sorted too.

Outstanding customer service from Tip Top Tyres.
UPDATE on RHS mirror Actuator

Got approval for the replacement of the RHS by AA Warranties, after waiting for the part to arrival.
Took the car in today and Tip top Tyres got it replaced by Mazda Dealership. Mirrors are working nicely again.

Happy with Tip Top Tyres Hatfield customer service.
Car Ticked over to 60 000km and will be doing DIY oil service using Shell 5w30 and OEM oil filter.

neoprema

Executive Member
I was very happy with mine. Only had it until 9000km before selling but its a very very nice car. Do wish the 2.0T makes its way here though.

ph4t3

Expert Member
I’m shopping around for a used CX-5. Within my budget, should I go for a 2019 Individual 2.0L or a 2020 (maybe even 2021) Dynamic auto? Are the blind spot detection, daytime LEDs just gimmicks or do they work well?

unobeat

I’m shopping around for a used CX-5. Within my budget, should I go for a 2019 Individual 2.0L or a 2020 (maybe even 2021) Dynamic auto? Are the blind spot detection, daytime LEDs just gimmicks or do they work well?
If it was my money, i would buy the 2020/21 dymanic auto as it is well spec'd as is plus you have more warranty and service plan in place.

Depends if you want those extra features the individual model has.

We have a 2017 dynamic model and loving it.

ph4t3

Expert Member
Cool. Thanks for the response. You’re right. In the end it’s more warranty vs blind spot detection, Bose speakers etc.

Anyone here have the individual spec or better? How is the blind spot detection?

K213N

Cool. Thanks for the response. You’re right. In the end it’s more warranty vs blind spot detection, Bose speakers etc.

Anyone here have the individual spec or better? How is the blind spot detection?
I don’t have blind spot detection, but I can assure you the visibility is just fine. I’ve never encountered an issue when changing lanes. Some cars do need BSD because of the way they’re shaped/styled, but the CX-5 is honestly fine in that regard. I am a sucker for a good sound system though, so can’t comment in that regard;)

Sumen

Expert Member

Don't have the CX-5 but according to the spec sheet the individual spec has a lot more active safety features than just the blind spot, I would just get the individual spec and extend the warranty.

jbarker

The CX-5 I recently purchased has the blind spot detection included, it works well! Although it is often overly sensitive, especially in traffic. As said in the other replies the side mirrors are so large it's hard to miss anything.

I personally think the daytime running LED's look awesome, and they come with the adaptive LED headlights which I would highly recommend.

AsteriskUser

I have the akera spec so it’s basically every thing you can get in this country. Bose speakers are amazing. I love EDM so it’s like a club in my car every day, wouldn’t go back to a normal sound system again.

Surround parking sensors are an absolute must have in this car I feel, not sure if that’s standard. I don’t have the 2020 model though so I didn’t get 360 cameras, sad about that I would love to be able to see around the car when parking.

Lame keep assist, I turned that **** off. For some reason it makes the steering input feel laggy or weird. Literally disabled it on the drive home from the dealership. It still does how ever vibrate the steering wheel and show an image on the hud if you cross over a line with out an indicator (over 60kph)

Blind spot detection, I have it enabled still I think it’s cool but the beeping is annoying, I think just having the symbol on the mirror is sufficient, it’s not really worth the model jump for this alone though.

Smart city brake, still not sure what this is really, I believe it’s something like if someone walks behind you while reversing it will brake, haven’t tried it yet

I dunno if there’s anything else that comes in the higher spec cars? Maybe the 10 way adjustable seats? I find it’s too much adjustment. I believe there’s a way to link a key fob to a person so for example I link my key fob to how my seat is right now and if my gf drives my car when I unlock it again it should auto adjust. Same if she had a key fob linked. Still have to test this though.

AsteriskUser

The CX-5 I recently purchased has the blind spot detection included, it works well! Although it is often overly sensitive, especially in traffic. As said in the other replies the side mirrors are so large it's hard to miss anything.

I personally think the daytime running LED's look awesome, and they come with the adaptive LED headlights which I would highly recommend.

The adaptive headlights are pretty cool, for those who don’t know, it’s when your brights are on auto and the camera in the windscreen pics up that there’s someone in front of you or on coming and dims certain portions of the brights to not blind them, I’ve seen while driving that the one side almost shuts off while there’s an on coming car.

The other issue with the blind spot detection is say when pulling on to the highway and it’s dual carriage, you might be indication on the on ramp and have a person next to you in their own lane. Can be annoying but you get used to it.