2017 Mazda CX-5 (Gen 2)

AsteriskUser

The cars a 2018 but it’s only done 30k. They tested the battery and said it’s all fine, they did a firmware upgrade on the front camera, apparently it’s an issue that occurs… dunno I’m getting annoyed with this car now

Regarding the oil issue, yes and no, they replaced the injector but it’s been in two times since for “ecu upgrades”

So who knows.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Mazda Confirms Next CX-5 With Straight-Six Engine, New Platform

The question now is when?

Much has been said about the next-generation Mazda CX-5. The best-selling model in the Japanese marque's lineup is due for a major revamp and an alleged prototype was spied testing stateside back in May.

But probably the biggest news about the next iteration of the crossover is that it will be sitting on a new platform and will be powered by an inline-six engine. Thanks to a presentation to journalists in the Land Down Under, Mazda Australia Managing Director Vinesh Bhindi has confirmed both.

"Mazda continues to invest in high-efficiency combustion engines, with SkyActiv-X, and the new generation straight-six engine family that will power our new-generation large-platform products, which is CX-5 and above," Bhindi said in a presentation to journalists, as reported by Australia's carsales.

Though confirmed, information about the new platform and straight-six engines are scarce at the moment. A report early this year said that the automaker will start the production of rear-wheel-drive inline-six vehicles in early 2022. Diesel is expected to be retained, while hybrid models are also in the works. Moreover, the rear-wheel/all-wheel drivetrain is also expected to make its way under the Mazda6 sedan.

FiestaST

Honorary Master

Next Mazda CX-5 to move upmarket, with RWD platform

It might have seemed a little strange, perhaps even audacious, that the new Mazda CX-30 was launched with the same starting price as its slightly larger CX-5 sibling, but this is likely to make more sense when the next-generation CX-5 hits the scene.

The CX-30 will, for all intents and purposes, fill the shoes of the current CX-5, because the latter’s replacement is going to move significantly upmarket. And although there have been rumours to this effect, a Mazda exec has now confirmed that the next CX-5 will be built around the company’s new rear-wheel drive platform for premium vehicles.

According to CarSales, Mazda Australia boss Vinesh Bhindi confirmed this during a presentation recently. “Mazda continues to invest in high-efficiency combustion engines, with SKYACTIV-X, and the new generation straight-six engine family that will power our new-generation large-platform products, which is CX-5 and above,” Bhindi told Australian media.

We’ve known about this new rear-wheel drive platform since 2019, when Mazda snuck in the mention of a longitudinal engine layout during a fiscal presentation, but this is the first time the company has confirmed that the CX-5 will move over to this architecture.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Mazda CX-5 Signature AWD Turbo: A Perfect Blend Of Comfort, Beauty, and Performance

I love a good car that doesn't compromise on drive quality just to add more luxurious features.

The Verdict

I’ve yet to drive a car that I haven’t enjoyed, but the 2021 Mazda CX-5 Signature AWD Turbo is one of the first that I’ve actually, truly considered spending money on. It has just the right amount of power and the right amount of zip for people like me that enjoy staying quick on the highway but don’t need a track-day car. It’s loaded with nice features that I didn’t even realize I’d want until I had them at my fingertips. And, most important, it’s a great machine for someone like me, who’s at that in-between part of life where I don’t exactly need a full-size SUV for driving around but where I’d like something a few steps up from a base-model hatchback.

The CX-5 isn’t exactly a traditional family car, but it’s great for younger couples, folks with smaller families, or people who frequently see adults riding in their rear seats on road trips or carpools. It caters to a great middle ground, where you’ll enjoy it even if you love performance cars but you won’t feel overwhelmed by it if you’re just looking for something practical.

That said, the infotainment system is enough of an annoyance that it’ll prevent me from buying until the issue is resolved. But the good news for Mazda is the fact that this car is a damn delight otherwise.

Mazda 1.jpeg Mazda 2.jpeg Mazda 3.jpeg Mazda 4.jpeg Mazda 5.jpeg

unobeat

How's the fuel economy on them?
Mrs. Daily's it and averages 7.5-8L/100km and i have got it down to 7L/100km on a highway cruise of 300km return trip.

They are actually good.
On stop start(lots of robots or stop signs) it goes to 8.5l/100km if you rev the motor a lot but then once you cruise on open road it settles down quickly.

We loving ours.

jbarker

A lot of problems on the diesel version?
I recently bought a low km CX-5 2.2 AWD diesel, it's been a dream so far - currently on 45000km. Definitely worth it for the mountain of extra torque! (in my opinion)
Recently did a trip to Cape Town and averaged around 7.5 l/100 which wasn't as good as I was hoping, however the car was fully packed with 5 adults & luggage.

unobeat

I recently bought a low km CX-5 2.2 AWD diesel, it's been a dream so far - currently on 45000km. Definitely worth it for the mountain of extra torque! (in my opinion)
Recently did a trip to Cape Town and averaged around 7.5 l/100 which wasn't as good as I was hoping, however the car was fully packed with 5 adults & luggage.
May it treat you well and looking forward to feedback as you clock up more mileage.

I would expect the diesel model fuel consumption to be in the high/low 6 figures.
Heard though that the torque is addictive.