2017 Mazda CX-5 (Gen 2)

AsteriskUser

:( stone really did a number on my windscreen, got the part number for insurance to replace, I want to be sure it’s like hud compatible etc, funny enough the replacement is only about R13500 with out fitment, thought it would be more.

IMG_9266.jpg

AsteriskUser

So every time I have my car washed I always lock the mirrors open so they don’t actuate while wet. Well the guy washing my car hit the mirror fold button yesterday by accident and boom my right mirror doesn’t fold fold properly anymore.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Mazda CX-5

WHAT'S THE VERDICT?

“There are few crossovers as car-like to drive, but the lack of hybrid options might count against it”
Linear power delivery and alert steering responses aren’t what crossovers are usually sold on, and so the CX-5 can’t help but feel like a bit of an outlier in its class. In a very good way, if you happen to relish the way a car rides and handles. Here’s a car very tangibly developed by people who care about such things. Its traditional and very intuitive interior – awash with buttons, not screens – will likely please the same crowd.

What’s more likely to cost the CX-5 some sales is its (current) lack of hybrid options, and Mazda’s insistence that internal combustion has a long future ahead of it suggests this isn’t a situation about to dramatically change. But if the running costs work for you nonetheless, here’s a small SUV that’s good to look at and drive. Quite an appealing combo.

CB3014A5-64E8-420B-8124-E1BB6E2CE5A8.jpeg DDEA92D9-4760-4FFD-9623-DFCC777B2516.jpeg F0198127-2EC5-46A6-A695-34A6C88AF77A.jpeg

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Mazda CX-5 2.5 AWD GT Sport 2022 UK review

Should I buy one?

For manufacturers, there’s quite a risk attached to any sort of attempt at differentiation in the family SUV segment: too little and there’s nothing to set your high-rised hauler apart from the Qashqais and Kugas of this world, but too much and you risk alienating the vast majority of family and fleet buyers, who tend not to give two hoots whether or not their car looks and drives a bit like the Jones’s next door.

The updated CX-5 remains a perfect example of compromise, in spite of its sub-par economy ratings. The brand’s prevailing selling points – among them attractive styling inside and out, agreeable levels of kit and well-rounded dynamics – shine through tangibly, and without threatening the CX-5’s positioning as a capacious and comfortable do-it-all crossover. One to buy with your head, for sure, but your heart won’t sink to see it on your driveway.

Mazda 1.jpeg Mazda 2.jpeg Mazda 3.jpeg Mazda 4.jpeg Mazda 5.jpeg Mazda 6.jpeg Mazda 7.jpeg Mazda 8.jpeg

neoprema

Executive Member
I do miss my CX-5 in some aspects. I think the Japanese flair in the cabin was really good at creating a minimalist look but still useful, luxury and stylish. and the controls just made sense. While I wouldn't swap it for my current vehicle mainly because of the power and features, the CX-5 will be something i'll always recommend to anyone.

AsteriskUser

I do miss my CX-5 in some aspects. I think the Japanese flair in the cabin was really good at creating a minimalist look but still useful, luxury and stylish. and the controls just made sense. While I wouldn't swap it for my current vehicle mainly because of the power and features, the CX-5 will be something i'll always recommend to anyone.

What is your current vehicle?

neoprema

Executive Member
Have read that, those are awesome and well put together SUV'S with awesome safety features.
It is a great car and I love it. The Mazda however holds its own as well against it. Certainly when it comes to the layout of controls. I prefer Mazda approach to bmw, Audi and them too