2017 Mazda CX-5 (Gen 2)

FiestaST

Honorary Master
PRICING: Facelifted Mazda CX-5 lands in South Africa

The Mazda CX-5 is the Japanese brand’s best-selling model, accounting for around a third of global sales. Little surprise then that Mazda is playing it safe with the midlife upgrade, although there is more to it than meets the eye.

The new-for-2022 Mazda CX-5 has arrived in Mzansi, sporting revised front and rear styling, improvements to its chassis and structure as well as interior specification.

The Mazda CX-5 line-up continues as before, with the 2.0 Active starting things off at R485 800 for the manual and R500 300 for the auto. Mid-range models include the 2.0 Dynamic (R532 400), 2.0 Carbon Edition (R603 500) and 2.5 AWD Individual (R687 300) while the 2.2 DE AWD Akera sits at the top of the pile with its R721 100 price tag.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Mazda CX-5 (2022) Specs & Price

Mazda Southern Africa has introduced the facelifted CX-5, which gains subtle design updates and some under-the-skin tweaks. Here’s what you need to know and how much you’ll pay for the Japanese marque’s family car.

Though changes to the facelifted Mazda CX-5’s exterior styling are best described as minor, the Japanese firm says the mid-cycle update applied to its popular SUV is a “major” one. Indeed, various upgrades have been made beneath the surface, with the company claiming improvement to both driving dynamics and ride comfort.

Mazda says the vehicle’s damping control structure has been improved, which combines with increased frame rigidity to ostensibly help suppress vibrations and road noise.

Look closely and you might just notice the revised front bumper, along with fresh light clusters fore and aft. The CX-5 also receives new alloy wheel designs, along with the option of a fresh Zircon Sand Metallic paint colour. Inside, you’ll find an updated seat design allowing a “more natural and comfortable sitting posture”, along with increased luggage space at the rear.

How much does the facelifted Mazda CX-5 cost in SA?

The updated Mazda CX-5 comes standard with a 3-year/unlimited km warranty and service plan.

CX-5 2.0 Active R485 800
CX-5 2.0 Active AT R500 300
CX-5 2.0 Dynamic R532 400
CX-5 2.0 Carbon Edition R603 500
2.5 AWD Individual R687 300
2.2DE AWD Akera R721 100

FiestaST

Honorary Master
CarExpert review of the 2022 CX-5 turbo

After watching this solid review you really realise the SA spec models/range are at the arse end.

This top spec Aussie model with the Turbo motor (170kw & 420nm) & AWD goes for the equivalent of R578k.

It has:

- 360 Degree Camera System
- 10.25" infotainment screen with Mazda's current system not like SA models & their 7" screen & running MZD Connect
- 7" TFT gauge cluster screen
- Cooled front seats to go with the heated seats & steering wheel
- Rear Heated Seats.

That is just off the cuff & to name a few.

Leo_

Mazda CX-5 (2022) Specs & Price

Mazda Southern Africa has introduced the facelifted CX-5, which gains subtle design updates and some under-the-skin tweaks. Here’s what you need to know and how much you’ll pay for the Japanese marque’s family car.

Though changes to the facelifted Mazda CX-5’s exterior styling are best described as minor, the Japanese firm says the mid-cycle update applied to its popular SUV is a “major” one. Indeed, various upgrades have been made beneath the surface, with the company claiming improvement to both driving dynamics and ride comfort.

Mazda says the vehicle’s damping control structure has been improved, which combines with increased frame rigidity to ostensibly help suppress vibrations and road noise.

Look closely and you might just notice the revised front bumper, along with fresh light clusters fore and aft. The CX-5 also receives new alloy wheel designs, along with the option of a fresh Zircon Sand Metallic paint colour. Inside, you’ll find an updated seat design allowing a “more natural and comfortable sitting posture”, along with increased luggage space at the rear.

How much does the facelifted Mazda CX-5 cost in SA?

The updated Mazda CX-5 comes standard with a 3-year/unlimited km warranty and service plan.

CX-5 2.0 Active R485 800
CX-5 2.0 Active AT R500 300
CX-5 2.0 Dynamic R532 400
CX-5 2.0 Carbon Edition R603 500
2.5 AWD Individual R687 300
2.2DE AWD Akera R721 100

That interior is really showing it's age. Disappointing.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Mazda CX-5 vs. CX-50: Definitely Buy THIS One! - The Fast Lane Car

unobeat

So apparently my battery is bad. I haven’t noticed any issues. Never had to jump start the car, nothing. Tiger wheel and tire hooked up a battery tester and gave me a print out which said replace battery the cells were dead etc. they quoted me on a new one which wasn’t too bad it’s a start stop battery think it’s was around R2500. I called my Mazda dealership and they told me no use the OEM one, but it’s around R4500. Anyone had any experience with a non OEM battery? I think there was something on this thread about 1000 posts back about batteries
Howxit

So new battery time has come sooner than expected and i fear that with winter coming. It will leave us stranded.

So i called around to get prices for a new battery:
1. Allen Jones Mazda said they don't stock batteries and can get from TWT. Will contact them tomorrow
2. I got a price for a Duratec D649 R1500 and Probe 2100

What battery did you fit into your CX-5 ?

ABU

Howxit

So new battery time has come sooner than expected and i fear that with winter coming. It will leave us stranded.

So i called around to get prices for a new battery:
1. Allen Jones Mazda said they don't stock batteries and can get from TWT. Will contact them tomorrow
2. I got a price for a Duratec D649 R1500 and Probe 2100

What battery did you fit into your CX-5 ?
I wouldn't advise the Probe. I had one fitted 6 months ago. The onboard computer didn't recognise it, costing me nearly a thousand to get it fitted to diagnostics for the battery to be registered.
The battery gave up in less than 6 months!

I now fitted a Willard battery for R1600 and the installation went without a hitch.

unobeat

I wouldn't advise the Probe. I had one fitted 6 months ago. The onboard computer didn't recognise it, costing me nearly a thousand to get it fitted to diagnostics for the battery to be registered.
The battery gave up in less than 6 months!

I now fitted a Willard battery for R1600 and the installation went without a hitch.
Thanks for info.
I am leaning to Duratec and will also check prices for Willard.

Please take pics of the Willard you have in your car cause some places are clueless about the correct battery.

ABU

Thanks for info.
I am leaning to Duratec and will also check prices for Willard.

Please take pics of the Willard you have in your car cause some places are clueless about the correct battery.
It is the Willard 649

AsteriskUser

I haven’t replaced mine yet, I think they about 4/5k from the dealership. They say you need the istop one blah blah

vampyre

It is the Willard 649
Looks like I'm going to need a new battery on my 2019 CX5 :-(, does the Willard 649 work with the stop start? Mazda dealership says i have to put in the original. But I've had enough on Mazda dealerships and Mazda SA after they declined warranty claim on mirror actuator because of a tiny scratch on the mirror which happened 3 years ago which has zero to do with the actuator.