2017 Mazda CX-5 (Gen 2)

unobeat

Have this version in white. Awesome vehicle. Good efficiency on long drives but can be a bit thirsty on short runs.
How thirsty is the 2.5 when driving locally?
Ours 2L registers 8.5L\100km when doing a lot of local driving especially if you not easy on the accelerator lol and its the wife daily who has a heavy foot which does not help lol. On open road cruising i can easily go down to 7.5L/100km.

Wife with mixed driving averages 8L/100km

k@vi

How thirsty is the 2.5 when driving locally?
Ours 2L registers 8.5L\100km when doing a lot of local driving especially if you not easy on the accelerator lol and its the wife daily who has a heavy foot which does not help lol. On open road cruising i can easily go down to 7.5L/100km.

Wife with mixed driving averages 8L/100km
I purchased the vehicle with roughly 8000km on the clock. Previous owner used it on school runs and averaged 11.2L/100km.

I'm on about 47000km now, and my average is 8.4L/100km on a mixed cycle. 60km from home to work I average around 7.2.

AsteriskUser

Same old. Oil level too high. Dealership says the other dealership that serviced my car last week over filled the oil… sure. They want to do another ecu update 5th one this car has had.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Same old. Oil level too high. Dealership says the other dealership that serviced my car last week over filled the oil… sure. They want to do another ecu update 5th one this car has had.
Sounds legit like a lemon CX-5 relative to all the other happy CX-5 owners.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Mazda CX-5 (2022) Review

Fast Facts

• Model Tested: Mazda CX-5 2.0 Dynamic
  • Price: R540 400 (May 2022)
  • Engine: 2.0-litre 4-cylinder petrol
  • Power/Torque: 121 kW/213 Nm
  • Transmission: 6-speed automatic
  • Fuel Consumption: 6.9 L/100km (Claimed)
  • Acceleration 0-100 kph: 10.4 seconds (Claimed)
  • Load Capacity: 442-1914 litres
Price and after-sales support

The Mazda CX-5 range starts from R493 100 and goes up to R731 900. The 2.0 Dynamic retails for R540 400, which includes a 3-year/unlimited km warranty and a 3-year/unlimited km service plan.

Verdict

It seems as if Mazda is determined to keep making small tweaks to its models in a bid to extend their product cycles. But then, this (the KF-generation) CX-5 has only been around for 5 years and continues to deliver excellent quality, refined driving manners and value for money, irrespective of which engine-transmission combo or trim level you may choose.

Should you buy one? For all its positive traits, the Mazda CX-5 can now be considered as a model that’s “among the best” as opposed to “at the top”, but that’s okay as rumours suggest an all-new model will be revealed before the end of 2022 (even though the brand seems to be focusing on its more luxurious “10” models, such as the CX-50, CX-60 etc. right now)

Our question to you is this: Are you prepared to wait for the all-new model, which will undoubtedly come with a substantial price increase? If not, well, there’s nothing much wrong with this current-gen CX-5, which, in 2.0 Dynamic guise, is priced quite competitively.

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 7.png 8.png 9.png 10.png

unobeat

Well guys my story ends here, I’ve traded my cx5 for a 2022 Audi A4 40TFSI, I wish you all well :)
It was a matter of time especially after all the issues you experienced with it and the dealership failing to sort it out properly.

Hope you got a decent deal on the trade and wishing you trouble free motoring experience.

AsteriskUser

Yeah it’s going to be a bit of a weird one, my first choice was actually an A3 but I liked driving the a4 more. I don’t have kids so really the suv was wasted on me.

NR7

Well guys my story ends here, I’ve traded my cx5 for a 2022 Audi A4 40TFSI, I wish you all well :)

From high oil level to needing to top up the oil level lol

Nah just kidding. It sucks when you get a car that just doesn't seem to be fixed, glad you changed to something that's working well for you now.