2017 Opel Mokka X

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Bruv do you see it as a pro or con that the Astra K has an electronic handbrake while the Coffee X has an "old school" mechanical one?
If it was a stick shift I'd say old school, not sure if it makes much of a difference with an automatic gearbox. I've tested the hill assist on some fairly steep inclines and it's worked so far but I think having the the manual handbrake would offer some extra assurances.
Grats @bwana. Many happy miles for you!
Thanks. So far so good - it seems like a fun ride.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
[video=youtube_share;FTSMB9JgT4g]https://youtu.be/FTSMB9JgT4g[/video]

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Lol

Depends on your requirements. Crossland X is positioned below than the Coffee X. Less "sport" focus & move MPV-type focus.
If you're sure... I could probably get most of my money back if I sold the Mokka tomorrow... I got it for a decent price.

Sumen

Expert Member
Bruv do you see it as a pro or con that the Astra K has an electronic handbrake while the Coffee X has an "old school" mechanical one?
Weirdly the Astra only has an electronic handbrake from Sport trim and up not in the enjoy and essentia trim

Probably cost cutting?

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I wish I could disable this from popping up every time I start the car up. :eek:

IMG_2509.JPG

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Aaah that sucks. I agree Apple Maps sucks. What about Google Maps and Waze?

As far as I know the phone must just be powered for Carplay to work so Wireless Charging would be nice in this instance. But not having used it can't say for 100% sure.

Guess an easy way to test would be to book phone up to power bank and then try use Carplay.
Due to a series of unfortunate mishaps I've have to relinquish my iPhone I'm now the owner of a Moto Z. Have to say Android Auto doesn't hold a candle to Carplay in terms of usability and polish.

I still don't think I can run tomtom on it but I'm still looking.

Sumen

Expert Member
Due to a series of unfortunate mishaps I've have to relinquish my iPhone I'm now the owner of a Moto Z. Have to say Android Auto doesn't hold a candle to Carplay in terms of usability and polish.

Only Google maps and Waze for now

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

I'm rocking an Android myself at the moment and it doesn't hold a candle to iOS in general so I'm not surprised.

Bizarrely the one thing it goes better is talk to my Garmin.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I guess I'll have to give waze a shot and see how that performs.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Opel shows trio of ‘black and white’ special editions

Opel has revealed three special-edition models...

In a bid to take advantage of the increasingly popular two-tone paintwork trend, Opel has revealed a trio of special-edition models, each with various elements (including the roof) finished in black.

This is the first Astra to be offered in two-tone paintwork, with the roof, side-mirrors and alloys all finished in black. In this special-edition form, the compact hatchback features an Onyx black roof and side-mirrors, with its 17-inch light alloy wheels in a five-spoke design also in painted black.

The Mokka X comes in for a similar treatment, gaining a high-gloss black roof and side-mirrors, with its 18-inch ten-spoke wheels finished in the same shade.

Lastly, the Corsa features the same colour scheme, running on 16-inch light alloy wheels in a four double-spoke design. In addition, this light hatchback model gains alloy sport pedals, chrome exhaust tailpipe and dark tinted, heat-absorbing glazing in the rear passenger compartment.

No word yet on whether these special editions are destined for local shores…

http://www.carmag.co.za/news_post/opel-shows-trio-of-black-and-white-special-editions/

EAE62875-6347-4489-BAB6-68FBA4BA27D3.jpeg

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Got a warning from the onboard computer that one of my tyres might need some air. Just how accurate are these tyre pressure monitoring systems (TPMS)?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Got a warning from the onboard computer that one of my tyres might need some air. Just how accurate are these tyre pressure monitoring systems (TPMS)?
I've also wondered. Did you ever get a warning like that when you drove the Pug? Mine gave me a warning once, inflated the tyres to the level specified on the sticker in the door sill and all was well.