2017 Opel Mokka X

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
@bwana please track it with Fuelly.

I would love to see your stats in a few weeks.

KOPITE

Executive Member
I've only got this one I took the other day.

View attachment 490431
Awesome bwana, it's a beautiful. Will all the extras it's really a bargain. Enjoy it man. I'm getting mine in the next 2-3 months hopefully. My car is paid off, but my mind is split between either paying off 400k for the 5-6 years or putting that money into my bond. Tough decision. You live only once, but I'm torn

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Awesome bwana, it's a beautiful. Will all the extras it's really a bargain. Enjoy it man. I'm getting mine in the next 2-3 months hopefully. My car is paid off, but my mind is split between either paying off 400k for the 5-6 years or putting that money into my bond. Tough decision. You live only once, but I'm torn
Thanks. Paid a little more than the price for the original Mokka we looked at but I guess it's money well spent.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I find it astounding that not a single second hand ad for these cars mentions the Apple Carplay.

It's a massive feature that the seemingly "ons is dom maar ons kan swys" sales people just don't punt.

Completely missing the target market.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I find it astounding that not a single second hand ad for these cars mentions the Apple Carplay.

It's a massive feature that the seemingly "ons is dom maar ons kan swys" sales people just don't punt.

Completely missing the target market.
Why do you say that?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Why do you say that?
Because very few cars offer it on local shores and makes a huge difference to your day to day usage of the vehicle by negating the need for additional navigation systems etc.

Put it this way, I wouldn't buy a new car without it because those cars are stuck in the Stone age in my view.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Because very few cars offer it on local shores and makes a huge difference to your day to day usage of the vehicle by negating the need for additional navigation systems etc.

Put it this way, I wouldn't buy a new car without it because those cars are stuck in the Stone age in my view.
I guess I'm just a little disappointed that TomTom isn't compatible and that it doesn't work over bluetooth.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I guess I'm just a little disappointed that TomTom isn't compatible and that it doesn't work over bluetooth.
Can’t think of any external GPS that is.

That's exactly my issue with it. They always sell you this stupidly expensive sub-par add-on navigation, this very car included.

Now there's no need for that or the Tom Tom.

Does it do Android Auto or is it only Carplay? I can't remember now.

If it did wireless charging that would have been even more awesome.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I see these engines have camchains and not cambelts so that's great too.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Can’t think of any external GPS that is.

That's exactly my issue with it. They always sell you this stupidly expensive sub-par add-on navigation, this very car included.

Now there's no need for that or the Tom Tom.

Does it do Android Auto or is it only Carplay? I can't remember now.

If it did wireless charging that would have been even more awesome.
I'm not referring to an external gps unit - rather the TomTom Go app on my phone which is leagues ahead of Maps.

It also does Android Auto.

Wireless charging would be kinda useless since I have to plug the phone in to get CarPlay to work, isn't it?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I'm not referring to an external gps unit - rather the TomTom Go app on my phone which is leagues ahead of Maps.

It also does Android Auto.

Wireless charging would be kinda useless since I have to plug the phone in to get CarPlay to work, isn't it?
Aaah that sucks. I agree Apple Maps sucks. What about Google Maps and Waze?

As far as I know the phone must just be powered for Carplay to work so Wireless Charging would be nice in this instance. But not having used it can't say for 100% sure.

Guess an easy way to test would be to book phone up to power bank and then try use Carplay.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Aaah that sucks. I agree Apple Maps sucks. What about Google Maps and Waze?

As far as I know the phone must just be powered for Carplay to work so Wireless Charging would be nice in this instance. But not having used it can't say for 100% sure.

Guess an easy way to test would be to book phone up to power bank and then try use Carplay.
Correct, for CarPlay to work the iPhoney must be plugged into the car's USB port. Wireless charging would not help the cause as for CarPlay to work the car needs to support Wireless CarPlay & only the latest 5-Series supports that at present.