2018 LG TV Service Menu

Treschen

Hi

Any one got into the LG service menu of any OLED LG TV 2018 or SK8000 model ?

Please share method if you have

Treschen

Figured it out if anyone ever has the issue. You need an android phone with a IR blaster then buy the below form the android app store

Service Menu Explorer for LG TV PRO

Works perfectly and now my TV is set to US region. I have noticed a lot more options are available in the menus

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Figured it out if anyone ever has the issue. You need an android phone with a IR blaster then buy the below form the android app store

Service Menu Explorer for LG TV PRO

Works perfectly and now my TV is set to US region. I have noticed a lot more options are available in the menus
Which options?

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Mostly from what I have seen more control over sound and some video functions
Can you be a bit more specific please?
I think it can help/motivate the rest of us decide if it is worth changing the region or not.
At the moment, I don't really care, I don't use Netflix and my Shield runs everything, but if there are other stuff worth trying in the TV settings then I'm all eyes on this thread.

Treschen

Can you be a bit more specific please?
I think it can help/motivate the rest of us decide if it is worth changing the region or not.
At the moment, I don't really care, I don't use Netflix and my Shield runs everything, but if there are other stuff worth trying in the TV settings then I'm all eyes on this thread.

When I am home will take pics for you. On a side note I am only doing this because there is no support for google assistant in SA on LG TVs so I am trying to get it to work with a US Thinq LG account. The problem is on SA region there is no setup wizard for google assistant. As soon as I changed the region to US last night the setup wizard appeared

Treschen

Now that is interesting. So you will be able to use Google Home on it as well I think.

That is my goal hopefully I can get it to work tonight. May just need a vpn for it to see the LG servers in the US. Will see later today. By the way LG support is hopeless, give me generic answers and eventually just say we don't have support or google assistant in SA.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
That is my goal hopefully I can get it to work tonight. May just need a vpn for it to see the LG servers in the US. Will see later today. By the way LG support is hopeless, give me generic answers and eventually just say we don't have support or google assistant in SA.
Yeah LG support is motherf###ing useless. :mad:
On what version is your WebOS?
Mine was on 3.5, then updated all the way to 5.something, but I think the base remains 3.5.

Treschen

Yeah LG support is motherf###ing useless. :mad:
On what version is your WebOS?
Mine was on 3.5, then updated all the way to 5.something, but I think the base remains 3.5.

Mine currently says Webos 4.0 or 4.something.

Treschen

Okay so I tried the google assistant thing with no luck.

Here is what worked:
1. Changing the TV region to the US.
2. Using a LG US Account on the TV.
3. Using a LG US account to login to the SmartThinQ App
4. I was actually able to link my SmartinQ account to my google account

What failed was giving instructions to the tv eg. Hi Google tell LG to open youtube. Although I am sure using a US Google account would of worked.

I also could not link the TV as a google assistant to my google home app. Probably because Google assistant is not available in the country

There you have it when the sales guy says yes it has google integration make sure you give him a fat five fingers across the face

Pic below

LG FAIL.jpeg

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
You need to set up a routine like this, but you need to add the device. I covered this in the Nvidia shield thread.
f6a6ba59af8bbaf03635d9666721f635.jpg

initroot

Anyone in Cape town area that can help me out? Borrow your logitech harmony or android phone with IR blaster for 5 minutes. I'll throw in a beer