2018 M2 Manual yay or nay ? for the purpose of resale perhaps in 10 years :p

ThabitEIERS

Hi All,

Under consideration now I am looking into buying a M2 (manual) , The Blue one ;). Its prob gonna cost me about 950k and yes its a 2018. optional almost everything except for the Heated seats and Light Package but has most other options available including M-package and seat belts etc etc .....

Views would be appreciated or do i wait for a M2 Competition i think it is but i am sure it will be much more :O

Oh and hi from Cape Town from a newbie with a 7R (jb,dp,k&n,resDelete) which i love and think its one of the most undermentioned hot hatch when comparisons of cars are done.... :)

thanks

EGG! IMG-20180412-WA0019.jpg

supersunbird

Honorary Master
You want to by it as an investment? Sell it in 10 years time with like 5000 or whatever on the clock?

Just making sure we understand what you want.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Wait for the Competition Pack

OR

Somehow see if you can find a good condition 1M Coupe & hang onto that for a few years.

Dan C

Honorary Master
How else does one get the satisfaction of flicking the gears? Slamming it backwards?
What satisfaction ? I get my satisfaction when my dual clutch changes gears like a F1 car...

Besides , it's hard to drive at 100km/h in the suburbs with a beer between your legs.

Last edited:

ThabitEIERS

Hi guys. Yes buy and utilize wknds really only in cape. Use the daily for well daily :) just want to make a insightful decision and get some ideas. Well the competition will surely be very expensive no? I think manual has some heritage for some who know and love BMW M sport

ThabitEIERS

Hi. Maybe not 5000 kms bit more but yes that idea. Yes in like 10 years yes. A car that could hold a premium value like the m3 csl 2004

ThabitEIERS

Wait for the Competition Pack

OR

Somehow see if you can find a good condition 1M Coupe & hang onto that for a few years.
You want to by it as an investment? Sell it in 10 years time with like 5000 or whatever on the clock?

Just making sure we understand what you want.
Provided you have the bucks for the Competition Pack & obviously you are fast on the mark.

Announcement will be any day now. Keep an eye on this thread:

https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/775164-2016-BMW-M2-Coupe
Thank yoy

ThabitEIERS

Oi vie went to drive one today in paarl. My God this car drives horribly hard on the roads hey. Was Manual and then a dct. Good road presence but not a nice drive really. Not for me then..

ThabitEIERS

Hiya Fiesta, hope you well, yes i have spoken to a BMW dealer in cape about a month ago when it was advised the Competition will be released and paid a deposit for preference for a dsg one ;) its seems its either going to be the M2 or RS3 both 2018/19 depending when i make the move :D and update from your next move ;) ?

Sheks

I know you were pushing about the 0-100 time...

Some comparison for you (RS3 vs standard M2):

Even with the power upgrade, on anything less than a perfectly straight, even road it's highly unlikely, a road that has any hint of moisture on it and the Quattro will be even more impressive. The ability to put that power down through all 4 wheels. The quattro system also has the advantage of being able to distribute the power predominantly to whichever wheel has the most grip at the time.

[video=youtube;L87OsWqfNQo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=188&v=L87OsWqfNQo[/video]

Let us know what you choose.

ThabitEIERS

I know you were pushing about the 0-100 time...

Some comparison for you (RS3 vs standard M2):

Even with the power upgrade, on anything less than a perfectly straight, even road it's highly unlikely, a road that has any hint of moisture on it and the Quattro will be even more impressive. The ability to put that power down through all 4 wheels. The quattro system also has the advantage of being able to distribute the power predominantly to whichever wheel has the most grip at the time.

[video=youtube;L87OsWqfNQo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=188&v=L87OsWqfNQo[/video]

Let us know what you choose.
And it has 4 doors :D and that 5 pot mmmmm ;)

epah

Expert Member
2018 M2 Manual yay or nay ? for the purpose of resale perhaps in 10 years

Hiya Fiesta, hope you well, yes i have spoken to a BMW dealer in cape about a month ago when it was advised the Competition will be released and paid a deposit for preference for a dsg one its seems its either going to be the M2 or RS3 both 2018/19 depending when i make the move and update from your next move ?
Please don’t use DSG in the same sentence as BMW. It’s just rude and devalues the brand. Rather use DCT instead

But whatever you do get the M2 competition. The RS3 is great but a bit meh.