2018 M2 Manual yay or nay ? for the purpose of resale perhaps in 10 years :p

ThabitEIERS

Please don’t use DSG in the same sentence as BMW. It’s just rude and devalues the brand. Rather use DCT instead

But whatever you do get the M2 competition. The RS3 is great but a bit meh.
Sometimes I think OETTINGER is the solution my side ;)

FiestaST

Honorary Master
BMW M2 Competition South African Pricing

The new BMW M2 Competition is official and it replaces the current M2 offering in South Africa as soon as September this year so how much are you expected to part with to add the latest baby M member to your garage?

Official (base) pricing is as follows;

BMW M2 Competition (Manual) – R983,029 incl CO2 Tax
BMW M2 Competition (M-DCT) – R1,037,005 incl CO2 Tax

Both variants come standard with a lot of features but should you wish to add things like M Sport brakes (see below) or the sexy 19-inch 788M Y-spoke alloys you will need to fork out a bit more (see full options list below).

All four standard colour offerings are a no cost option; Alpine White, Black Sapphire Metallic, Hockenheim Silver Metallic, Long Beach Blue Metallic and Sunset Orange Metallic

https://www.zero2turbo.com/2018/05/bmw-m2-competition-south-african-pricing.html

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming

The new BMW M2 Competition is official and it replaces the current M2 offering in South Africa as soon as September this year so how much are you expected to part with to add the latest baby M member to your garage?

Both variants come standard with a lot of features but should you wish to add things like M Sport brakes (see below) or the sexy 19-inch 788M Y-spoke alloys you will need to fork out a bit more (see full options list below).

All four standard colour offerings are a no cost option; Alpine White, Black Sapphire Metallic, Hockenheim Silver Metallic, Long Beach Blue Metallic and Sunset Orange Metallic

https://www.zero2turbo.com/2018/05/bmw-m2-competition-south-african-pricing.html
PDC and pro nav not standard on a 1 bar car :(

Craig

Honorary Master
Hi All,

Under consideration now I am looking into buying a M2 (manual) , The Blue one ;). Its prob gonna cost me about 950k and yes its a 2018. optional almost everything except for the Heated seats and Light Package but has most other options available including M-package and seat belts etc etc .....

Views would be appreciated or do i wait for a M2 Competition i think it is but i am sure it will be much more :O

Oh and hi from Cape Town from a newbie with a 7R (jb,dp,k&n,resDelete) which i love and think its one of the most undermentioned hot hatch when comparisons of cars are done.... :)

thanks

EGG!View attachment 514729
While I prefer autos, this is the kind of car I would (if I could afford it that is) buy in manual. Autos are for your every day normal cars that sits in traffic.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member

That's actually not bad. Very close to the price of the current "normal" M2.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
BMW M2 Competition (2018) Specs & Price

The BMW M2 Competition will arrive in South Africa in September 2018 and the initial consignment of the 302 kW/550 Nm version of the 2-time #CarsAwards performance car category champion is only 25 units. Prices start at just under R1 million, before options.

The BMW M2 Competition, which was unveiled at the Beijing Motor Show, shares the same biturbo, 6-cylinder 3.0-litre engine that powers the M3 and M4, but has been tuned to deliver peak outputs of 302 kW and 550 Nm of torque, which means it offers 30 kW and 50 Nm more than the standard M2 Coupe, which it replaces.

When equipped with a 7-speed dual-clutch (M-DCT) automatic transmission, the M2 Competition is claimed to sprint from 0 to 100 kph in 4.0 sec, while the 6-speed manual version will reach the benchmark in 4.2 sec. Top speed is limited to 250 kph, but an optional M Driver's Package will take the top speed to a heady 280 kph.

The M2 Competition houses the same cooling system as the M4 Competition which includes a central radiator, 2 side radiators and an extra engine oil cooler. The electromechanical power steering system has been revised and the Active M Differential has been enhanced.

The new BMW M2 Competition will replace the current M2 Coupe and will reach SA in September 2018.

In terms of design, the M2 Competition features a larger, angular black kidney grille, modified front bumper with vents in the lower lip, black chrome exhausts and is optionally available on new 19-inch black alloy wheels shod with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres.

The interior benefits from new M sports seats featuring illuminated M2 logo seen on the backrests. The model is also equipped with a red push-button ignition while the sport steering wheel has M buttons that store the driver's personalised performance settings. Other neat touches include M2 Competition sill plates and the seat belts feature BMW M stripes.

Prices (as of September 2018, confirmed to Cars.co.za by a source).

M2 Competition 6-spd manual R983 029
M2 Competition M-DCT R1 037 505

https://www.cars.co.za/motoring_news/bmw-m2-competition-2018-specs--price-/44835/

phiber

Expert Member
Have you spent time investigating what the car journos and collectors think about the M2 and whether the prices will bounce? Personally, I am a big fan of the M2, but I can't see them going up in price. Too many flaws in the way they get the power down and even if you get a competition the car is too common.

If you're looking for something fun for the weekend that can grow in value, I'd consider a 996 turbo. They've been slowly ticking up in price and becoming more rare. Its also the type of car you want to only own in manual, as the TipTronic gearbox is below average.

qscwbt

Expert Member
At 1 mil I would look at something else. 2nd hand porche, lambo hell even GTR will be a better car than a beem.

dlk001

Executive Member

That's a good price. Only R35k increase over the car it replaces for so much more.

epah

Expert Member
1000% correct - why pay 1million for a common car :whistling:
I see more GTRs than M2’s. Just saying

Also with BMW you won’t lose your warranty by switching off traction control unlike the GTR.

So now which is more fun?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Wow I can’t believe how sad and boring that interior looks for an M-car.