2019/2020 Transfers and Rumours

Zyk1

Expert Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2014
Messages
1,173
#47
Sane is an awesome player (Jesus as well)
They both have not been given enough play time at City.
 

KOPITE

Executive Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2012
Messages
5,778
#49
Tanguy Ndombele: Tottenham sign France midfielder from Lyon

Good signing by the spuds, quality midfielder

Tottenham have signed France midfielder Tanguy Ndombele from Ligue 1 side Lyon for a club record 60m euros (£53.8m).

The 22-year-old has signed a deal until 2025 and the fee could rise to 70m euros (£62.8m) with incentives.

Tottenham's previous transfer record was the £42m paid to sign defender Davinson Sanchez from Ajax in August 2017.

Ndombele joined Lyon in 2017 and helped them finish third in the French top-flight last season.

He also twice played against Manchester City in Champions League group games.

In total Ndombele, who has six caps for France, made 96 appearances for Lyon and registered 16 assists.

Lyon thanked the player for his time at the club, praising his "professionalism and his performances".

Ndombele is Tottenham's second signing of the summer following the arrival of Jack Clarke from Leeds United.

The winger, who was Spurs' first signing since Brazil forward Lucas Moura joined from Paris St-Germain in January 2018, was immediately loaned back to the Championship side for the 2019-20 season.
 

KOPITE

Executive Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2012
Messages
5,778
#51
Danny Ings sold for £20M to the Saints and Grutic loaned out to Hertha Berlin for £2M
 

KOPITE

Executive Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2012
Messages
5,778
#52
Joao Felix: Atletico Madrid sign forward from Benfica for £113m

Atletico Madrid have signed Portugal forward Joao Felix for 126m euros (£113m) from Benfica in the fifth most expensive transfer in history.

Benfica have confirmed Atletico will pay the fee in instalments, after bidding 6m euros more than the 19-year-old's 120m euro release clause.

Only Neymar, Kylian Mbappe, Philippe Coutinho and Ousmane Dembele have moved for more money.

Felix has signed a seven-year deal with Atletico.

He made his senior debut in August and scored 15 goals last season as Benfica won the title.

Felix is now the second-most expensive teenager following the 180m euros paid to Monaco by Paris St-Germain for France forward Mbappe in 2018.

The former Porto youth player made his international debut against Switzerland in the Nations League semi-final in June.

He scored a hat-trick against Eintracht Frankfurt in the Europa League in April, becoming the youngest Benfica player and the youngest Portuguese footballer to score three goals in Europe and the youngest player ever to do so in the Europa League.

Atletico striker Antoine Griezmann has confirmed he will leave the club this summer, with Barcelona expected to pay his buyout clause of 120m euros.

On Wednesday, Atletico also confirmed the signings of two players from Porto.

Mexico midfielder Hector Herrera, 29, has signed a three-year deal after moving on a free transfer, while Brazil centre-back Felipe, 30, has joined for 20m euros (£17.9m).

The club also confirmed the sale of Spain midfielder Rodri, 23, to Premier League champions Manchester City in a £62.8m deal.
 

Attachments

KOPITE

Executive Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2012
Messages
5,778
#53
Rodri: Manchester City pay £62.8m release clause for Atletico Madrid's Spain midfielder


Rodri previously played for Atletico Madrid's youth set up before joining Villarreal
Manchester City are set to sign Spain midfielder Rodri from Atletico Madrid for a club record £62.8m after paying his release clause, says the La Liga side.

Atletico said that the player's lawyers and representatives from City paid the release clause to La Liga on Wednesday.

Rodri, 23, has therefore terminated his contract with Atletico, which was due to run until June 2023.

It will beat City's previous record of £60m in signing Riyad Mahrez in 2018.

Rodri joined Atletico in May 2018 after three years at Villarreal and made 34 league appearances as they finished second in La Liga.

He made his international debut in a friendly against Germany last year and has made six senior international appearances.

City had made Rodri one of their main targets this summer with manager Pep Guardiola keen to sign a defensively-minded player to bolster the Premier League champions' squad.

Angelino rejoins City
On Wednesday City announced that they have brought full-back Angelino back to the club from PSV Eindhoven.

The 22-year-old Spaniard left City for PSV Eindhoven in 2018 after failing to make a Premier League appearance in his six years with the club.

City inserted a £5.35m buy-back clause in the deal, a figure far below the Spaniard's market value given his form at PSV last season.

Manager Pep Guardiola has decided to activate the clause in order to bolster his options at left-back, which also include Oleksandr Zinchenko, who signed a long-term contract earlier this summer, and Benjamin Mendy, a £52m arrival from Monaco in 2017.

Angelino has signed a four-year deal which will keep him at the Etihad Stadium until 2023.
 

KOPITE

Executive Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2012
Messages
5,778
#54
Lazio sign Liverpool youngster Adekanye

The 20-year-old, who the Reds brought in from Barcelona in 2015, failed to agree a new contract at Anfield and has now decided to head to Serie A

Lazio have confirmed the signing of Liverpool youngster Bobby Adekanye after he decided against extending his contract on Merseyside.
As reported by Goal in December 2018, Adekanye had informed the club that he planned to run down his existing deal and leaving on a free transfer, with Lazio a potential destination.
The 20-year-old forward would later publicly confirm his intentions in March 2019, revealing that injuries had curtailed his progress and that he had made the decision to exit the Premier League club.

"I expected that I would get a chance at Liverpool sooner. Before I came, we talked about it. They said that if I had a good first season, I had a good chance of joining the first team," he told Voetbalzone.nl.

"Due to injury, that did not come true. I had to undergo surgery at the start of my second season and then it is difficult to return."

Adekanye is reported to have signed a four-year contract with the Serie A side and has seemingly been given assurances over his participation in Simone Inzaghi's first team.

He had previously suggested that Barcelona were interested in signing him, although it is ultimately Lazio that he has decided to sign for.

He said in March: "They [Lazio] are one of the clubs that is interested, but it is not yet 100 per cent decided.

"I also heard from Barcelona. In the Netherlands, Willem II came by. I can't name the entire list of clubs now, because then we will be busy tomorrow. But there is interest from, among others, the Netherlands, Italy and Spain.

"In the summer I am going to talk about it with my family and business manager Junior Minguella, I am not worried that I will have no club."

Liverpool, who signed the Nigeria-born Dutch youth international from Barca in 2015, had been keen to extend Adekanye's deal at Anfield, with them being prepared to allow him to leave in January 2019 in order to gain first-team experience.

Club sources confirmed to Goal that delays in contract negotiations frustrated the club, however, and the decision was made that he would leave the Reds having failed to make a single appearance for Jurgen Klopp's first team.
 
Top