2019 BMW 3 Series (G20)

Zyk1

Expert Member
Nope. If you read an article that says so it's a bad article.

This is subject to change but for now no BMW offers AA.
Bugger.
So if you want GPS in the car you have to get the SatNav offered by BMW or use your phone maps.
Not cool

justplain

Expert Member
I'm thinking a nicely specc'd pre-owned G20 in 3 years when the LCI comes out.
looking at F30 prices, some poor person is likely to have lost 50% of the purchase value. A good pre-owned example may be the way to go down the line.
The bundled options saga is a scam in my opinion. Let people have the options they want. Stop forcing upgrades that the customer does not want or cannot afford.
My thinking on this though is considering how many vehicles are 'bought' on finance and rarely paid off in full, they load the options as the monthly repayment increase isn't too massive vs lesser specc'd cars.
Regardless my preferred G20 spec would be M-sport, adaptive dampers, HK, sports auto and laser lights only. Pretty much everything else I'd want is standard. Good luck trying to only spec those options.

Jchan11hk

Car was available to me in May, went with a bag full of dough, got there and man, the MP side skirt had a smear , so i walked away.

Back to the query, with almost all manufacturers, what you see is what you get... but if you really want your own specs, you need to put money down and wait ( up to 5 months)... some items/components are paired together so you might not even be able to get it your way.
Specced my brand new car in 2011, waited for 5 months. It is definitely worth the wait, you know that it is the only one in the country. Also, some of the optional extras are only made available to you when you spec your own car, like hidden treasures. One downside was the fluctuation of our currency, which you might need to pay the difference, between specifying and actual ordering to the factory.

Jchan11hk

What is the option to get the hidden treasure?
The one I did was the dashboard, the local SA brochure never mentioned that you can choose a different colour or pattern. When I decided to spec my car, I received the full option list from the factory, and all I can say is they have a big variety for you to choose from, however, they were all in euros. I negotiated the deal to forego the discount she gave me and I was allowed to select the options up to 3000 euros (I can't recall the actual figure, but it was around there :unsure: ).

A year later, my wife also specced the car that way as well thru the same saleslady.

justplain

Expert Member
Them folks be putting themselves in arguably no more practical, heavier, less fun to drive and less economical SUV's....like the X1.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
DRIVEN: BMW M340i xDrive Steptronic

Summary

The M340i is distinctive, with its M Performance kit and model-specific cerium grey finishes lending it striking yet subtle exterior design cues. Sporting a generously endowed turbopetrol mill, the newcomer slots neatly between the 330i (which received the second highest road test score from the CAR team so far this year) and the still-to-arrive M3, which BMW says will employ the "most powerful engine" in its segment.

The six-cylinder sophisticate is not “lite” by any means. With stellar perceived interior build quality, dynamic capability and eagerness to be driven hard, all while providing peace-of-mind with its xDrive system, the M340i is just right, balancing outright performance with comfortable cruising ability.

FAST FACTS

Model: BMW M340i xDrive Steptronic
Price: R981 711
Engine: 3,0-litre, inline-six, turbopetrol
Power: 275 kW @ 5 500 r/min
Torque: 500 N.m @ 1 850 r/min
0-100 km/h: 4,4 seconds
Top Speed: 250 km/h
Fuel Consumption: 7,5 L/100 km
CO2: 172 g/km
Transmission: 8-speed automatic
Maintenance Plan: 5-year/100 000 km

Zyk1

Expert Member
I wonder how the "is" is different from the normal 330.
Just styling updates?