2019 Hyundai Elantra Apple CarPlay Help??

Ashley_K

I recently bought a brand new Hyundai Elantra. It doesn't come standard with Apple CarPlay but I've seen on many sites that US owners have the option of downloading it to their head unit by entering their VIN number on the MyHyundai Website. I've tried this with my VIN and a fake US address but obviously it rejects the VIN.

Does anyone know of how I can get the CarPlay update in SA? I tried contacting Hyundai SA and they didn't have a clue about what I was talking about.

Sumen

Expert Member
I recently bought a brand new Hyundai Elantra. It doesn't come standard with Apple CarPlay but I've seen on many sites that US owners have the option of downloading it to their head unit by entering their VIN number on the MyHyundai Website. I've tried this with my VIN and a fake US address but obviously it rejects the VIN.

Does anyone know of how I can get the CarPlay update in SA? I tried contacting Hyundai SA and they didn't have a clue about what I was talking about.
The Elantra in SA uses an aftermarket infotainment system.

aigle2am

I also own an Elantra, it does not support Apple Carplay nor Android Auto. The SA infotainment unit is a local sourced one.