2019 Rugby World Cup

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
saw a nice # on facebook that just says what I'm feeling about the current debacle

#bokcott

Give it to Ireland

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
saw a nice # on facebook that just says what I'm feeling about the current debacle

#bokcott

Give it to Ireland
Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 19.09.33.png

Edit: and just to be clear you don't think SA should host the 2023 RWC because...

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
View attachment 476970

Edit: and just to be clear you don't think SA should host the 2023 RWC because...
Didn't say it was trending, just that I saw a hashtag that I kinda like on a rugby thread - hashtag.jpg

My reasons - the whole rugby admin (before even getting to clown that is numba won and his BS) has it's head up it's arse in this country and until they clean house, they should not get pockets stuffed. Same as my view that no one should be buying tickets and merchandise now already because the only way for the twods to take notice that we're unhappy, is to hit them where it hurts.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Didn't say it was trending, just that I saw a hashtag that I kinda like on a rugby thread - View attachment 476996

My reasons - the whole rugby admin (before even getting to clown that is numba won and his BS) has it's head up it's arse in this country and until they clean house, they should not get pockets stuffed. Same as my view that no one should be buying tickets and merchandise now already because the only way for the twods to take notice that we're unhappy, is to hit them where it hurts.
Fair enough.

So, you won't be watching any more matches? Irrespective of tomorrow's announcement?

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
I pirate sport so they get zero financial support from me so why shouldn't I watch when I feel like it? Do I have to be super supportive of our particular bullshyte to watch rugby now, I think not

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
[video=youtube;MocXYm3sfWA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MocXYm3sfWA[/video]

Going live 14:30

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I pirate sport so they get zero financial support from me so why shouldn't I watch when I feel like it? Do I have to be super supportive of our particular bullshyte to watch rugby now, I think not
You said in another thread/post that you were streaming it from SuperSport so someone's getting paid. ;)

Absolute shocker the little I've seen (FU supersport stream) ..... They just don't know how to rugby under this clown coach, end of

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
You said in another thread/post that you were streaming it from SuperSport so someone's getting paid. ;)
hint - it aint mine or immediate family ...... it's someone who has dstv for their kids anyway

and besides, when it don't work, cricfree and the like are there to fiddle with. Point is I don't support it in any way, as much as you are trying to catch me out ;)

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
By watching you still support the sponsors involved, brand-awareness and so on… Just because you ditch in buying merchandise and TV subscriptions doesn’t indicate your unsupportiveness. You still boldly contribute your views online and in general conversation, you are still willing to watch the sport even when pirated. Don’t be a hypocrite, Bwana made the point,

So, you won't be watching any more matches? Irrespective of tomorrow's announcement?
then you were dismissive,

yet,

and besides, when it don't work, cricfree and the like are there to fiddle with. Point is I don't support it in any way, as much as you are trying to catch me out ;)
you caught yourself out.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Oh my fark, I don't support it financially in any way. Can't recall saying I have dismissed the team forever but taking some action to (hopefully at some point) force administration to suffer and hoping it's done large scale is overlooked.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Uruguay has beaten out Canada for the RWC qualifying final for Pool D.

Pool D is set:

Australia, Wales, Georgia, Fiji, Uruguay

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Canada will have one final chance at qualification via a repechage tournament in November, it will be their third chance at qualifying for RWC 2019. They have never missed a Rugby World Cup.

McT

The Humble Scot!
Canada will have one final chance at qualification via a repechage tournament in November, it will be their third chance at qualifying for RWC 2019. They have never missed a Rugby World Cup.
Who will they be up against? They're a great minnow side to watch. Hope they make it.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Who will they be up against? They're a great minnow side to watch. Hope they make it.
According to media reports the repechage will be held in France, their opposition being higher tiered teams. Canada is currently ranked #21.

McT

The Humble Scot!
According to media reports the repechage will be held in France, their opposition being higher tiered teams. Canada is currently ranked #21.
Many thanks. Hope for the best then. Canada has shown some reasonable form in the Sevens. Hopefully it translates into the 15s.

Shellyb1

Expert Member
Anyone planning to go to Japan for the tournament? Submitted my application for block tickets - follow the boks and then a seperate one for Yokohama stadium (includes Bok V Nz game).

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Anyone planning to go to Japan for the tournament? Submitted my application for block tickets - follow the boks and then a seperate one for Yokohama stadium (includes Bok V Nz game).
I am maybe going in January 2019 to Japan, depends on my trip to Canada in December. I am not going alone to the RWC though, the people that I know are already going on holiday abroad mid this year.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/peter-de-villiers-named-zimbabwe-coach-20180207

Peter de Villiers named Zimbabwe coach

Cape Town - Former Springbok coach Peter de Villiers has been unveiled as the new head coach of the Zimbabwe national team.

De Villiers, who described the appointment as the "greatest day of my life", will be assisted by Brendon Dawson.

De Villiers was previously involved with the country’s Under-20 team.

De Villiers' immediate task will be to attempt to help Zimbabwe to qualify for next year’s Rugby World Cup in Japan.

Zimbabwe are likely to face stiff competition from Namibia in their hopes of qualifying. Should they do so however, they face a daunting prospect at the tournament itself, with the 'Africa 1' team - whoever it may be - drawn in the same pool at defending champions, the All Blacks, the Springboks and Italy.