2019 Rugby World Cup

wizardofid

Executive Member
Ireland loses here they drop to 5th place, the Springboks go to 4th place. Australia is now, currently, ranked below Japan at 7th. Yes, Japan is #6 in the world.
I am smiling all the way. I am rooting for SA and japan tomorrow, of course more for the boks, just sad to be facing japan, would have liked to have faced them in the semi's.

SA is likely to win and the french is likely to win their clash, Would have liked to have faced wales, better odds.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
I am smiling all the way. I am rooting for SA and japan tomorrow, of course more for the boks, just sad to be facing japan, would have liked to have faced them in the semi's.

SA is likely to win and the french is likely to win their clash, Would have liked to have faced wales, better odds.
Mm, I don't know hey. I think I'd rather go against the French. Wales have had the wood over us recently.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Mm, I don't know hey. I think I'd rather go against the French. Wales have had the wood over us recently.
I don’t know about the moral in the French camp, since their captain and coach clashed, they don’t look to have their mindset in the right place. However, they have revolted at the 2011 and at the 2015 RWC, and in 2011 their revolt made them a better team.

So how it goes tomorrow.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I am surprised at how easily the Irish crowd is taking this humiliation.

I do predict both the Irish and Australians to moan about their opposition's turnaround time due to the match cancellations, and Wales may also, pending on their result tomorrow, get on board with this.

I really don't see how that turnaround time is an advantage when you play poor rugby. I wouldn't want to see it being used as an excuse.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
All we can hope now (assuming we make the final) is that England and NZ knock seven shades of sh*t out of each other and the winner limps into the final to face us. Those were two of the more commanding and domineering performances you're likely to see in knockout rugby.

Drifter

Honorary Master
All we can hope now (assuming we make the final) is that England and NZ knock seven shades of sh*t out of each other and the winner limps into the final to face us. Those were two of the more commanding and domineering performances you're likely to see in knockout rugby.
Dont really agree, Ireland never really pitched up to play. Australia have been piss poor of late.

Reactions: McT

Whright

Dont really agree, Ireland never really pitched up to play. Australia have been piss poor of late.
Don’t really agree, it’s a quarter final, if you lose you go home, how can a team not pitch up to play.....

Ireland not good enough, that’s it

Drifter

Honorary Master
That is what I mean, they were riding the glory wave of being number 1, and did not really play. They thought it would be a given that they will win.

cenredash

Expert Member
That is what I mean, they were riding the glory wave of being number 1, and did not really play. They thought it would be a given that they will win.
I think it's worse than that. They timed it so that they would beat Japan and win the group. Play us in the quarters and Wales in the semi final and then take on the all blacks to determine the number one team.

Problem is they had a game plan to play us, Wales and the all blacks but only in their minds. When they lost to Japan, using very different tactics to their normal rush defence, in order to give us, Wales and all blacks something to think about, they couldn't recover either their game plan or confidence.

They didn't turn up because they didn't play the team on the field in front of them.